Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

6 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I feel my list is somewhat, predictable...

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. OK Computer

4. Amnesiac

5. The Bends

6. A Moon Shaped Pool

7. Hail to the Thief

8. King of Limbs

9. Pablo Honey

If you put Pablo Honey in an alt-rock time capsule (it may well be in some time capsules waiting to be opened?) it's a pretty solid album. If they had stuck to drums and guitars formula, it might well be top of the list. Compare it to what came after, it's just not very interesting when compared with the rest.

I usually stray away from lists, for many reasons, I'm 28, so missed them when the albums were released and got into them around OK Computer, my mum brought it for me on cassette. I was a terrible travel sick traveller in cars, and had an 'incident' with my bag of tapes and was sick in the bag :( ruining the tape. Hope no one was eating.. I listened to the cassette a lot. When I started secondary school in 99, I was running the risk of not being cool. No one listened to guitar bands let alone Radiohead when you're 11! People preferred Oasis and The Stereophonic - they were 'cooler' than Radiohead. OK Computer is often top of my list for that reason. I remembering listening and being amazed at how awesome it was. Exit Music (for a film) is still one of my favourites, it's such a touching song, it's beautiful. OK Computer is a record that makes me feel human. It takes me to darker parts of my soul. Extreme, I know. Heck, I think I've changed my mind on my list...

None of you asked for that. I'm sorry!

I love the little stories behind these. 

To be fair, I think we're all pretty fucking far from being 'cool'!

4 minutes ago, Swieve said:

I reckon my preferred setlist wouldn't be considered as mental though.  I'll come back with that one

Let's have it!

Burn The Witch

The Bends

Decks Dark

Paranoid Android

National Anthem

Identikit

High n Dry

Jigsaw

Spinning Plates

I Might Be Wrong

The Numbers

Talk Show Host

2+2=5

Idioteque

Creep

Reckoner

True Love Waits

There There

Fake Plastic Trees

Present Tense

No Surprises

Exit Music

Everything In Its Right Place

Of course that could change tomorrow, even tonight

44 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. OK Computer

4. Amnesiac

5. The Bends

6. A Moon Shaped Pool

7. Hail to the Thief

8. King of Limbs

9. Pablo Honey

If you put Pablo Honey in an alt-rock time capsule (it may well be in some time capsules waiting to be opened?) it's a pretty solid album. If they had stuck to drums and guitars formula, it might well be top of the list. Compare it to what came after, it's just not very interesting when compared with the rest.

I usually stray away from lists, for many reasons, I'm 28, so missed them when the albums were released and got into them around OK Computer, my mum brought it for me on cassette. I was a terrible travel sick traveller in cars, and had an 'incident' with my bag of tapes and was sick in the bag :( ruining the tape. Hope no one was eating.. I listened to the cassette a lot. When I started secondary school in 99, I was running the risk of not being cool. No one listened to guitar bands let alone Radiohead when you're 11! People preferred Oasis and The Stereophonic - they were 'cooler' than Radiohead. OK Computer is often top of my list for that reason. I remembering listening and being amazed at how awesome it was. Exit Music (for a film) is still one of my favourites, it's such a touching song, it's beautiful. OK Computer is a record that makes me feel human. It takes me to darker parts of my soul. Extreme, I know. Heck, I think I've changed my mind on my list...

Awesome story :)

what would everyone's dream setlists be for their own shows next year? Mine would constantly change everyday, but tonight I'm feeling something like this.

1. Burn The Witch
2. There There
3. Decks Dark
4. Ful Stop
5. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
6. The National Anthem
7. Identikit
8. I Might Be Wrong
9. Bloom
10. The Numbers
11. Reckoner
12. Exit Music (For A Film)
13. Everything In Its Right Place
14. Myxomatosis
15. Daydreaming
16. Paranoid Android
17. The Bends

18. A Wolf At The Door
19. Idioteque
20. Fake Plastic Trees
21. Bodysnatchers
22. Motion Picture Soundtrack

23. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
24. Blow Out
25. Karma Police

4 hours ago, Swieve said:

It might be my age and because I've been listening to them since the beginning, my flatmate in uni had The Drill EP.  He lost interest around Kid A but I stayed with them, even if I wasn't sure of their direction.  I imagine that many of those who got into the band post 2001 could never fairly judge the merits of Pablo Honey. As debuts go it was pretty solid if uninspiring. 

The Bends however was a serious improvement and, imo, is their least patchy album.  That is why it gets top spot. The order from top to bottom is more an indicator of number of patchy tracks on the album.  OK Computer and Kid A are both guilty of having some real highs and the rest filler.

I could never understand the hype behind OK Computer when The Bends was so superior.  OK Computer could have been so much better.  If you want mental, this would have been my choice of tracks

Airbag

Paranoid Android

Exit Music

Polyethlyene Pt 1& 2

Fitter Happier

Palo Alto

Climbing Up The Walls

Pearly

No Surprises

Lucky

The Tourist

That would been a better album imo

Hello you seem to have removed the best song in Radiohead's discography from the album...

You also seem to have included High and Dry in a perfect setlist...

I agree with he rest. You are mental and I like it.

5 hours ago, Swieve said:

It might be my age and because I've been listening to them since the beginning, my flatmate in uni had The Drill EP.  He lost interest around Kid A but I stayed with them, even if I wasn't sure of their direction.  I imagine that many of those who got into the band post 2001 could never fairly judge the merits of Pablo Honey. As debuts go it was pretty solid if uninspiring. 

The Bends however was a serious improvement and, imo, is their least patchy album.  That is why it gets top spot. The order from top to bottom is more an indicator of number of patchy tracks on the album.  OK Computer and Kid A are both guilty of having some real highs and the rest filler.

I could never understand the hype behind OK Computer when The Bends was so superior.  OK Computer could have been so much better.  If you want mental, this would have been my choice of tracks

Airbag

Paranoid Android

Exit Music

Polyethlyene Pt 1& 2

Fitter Happier

Palo Alto

Climbing Up The Walls

Pearly

No Surprises

Lucky

The Tourist

Absolutely spot on old chep.

6 hours ago, Swieve said:

Airbag

Paranoid Android

Exit Music

Polyethlyene Pt 1& 2

Fitter Happier

Palo Alto

Climbing Up The Walls

Pearly

No Surprises

Lucky

The Tourist

I would keep Homesick Alien and Karma Police, and drop Pearly and Airbag, personally. 

12 hours ago, rhg_99 said:

haha, me too. I'm glad he decided to stick with No Surprises, Lucky and The Tourist as the final three tracks. Possibly my favourite end run to an album ever.

To be fair, I only included The Tourist as it is a suitable closer to an album. IMO it is quite weak compared to the rest. Let Down would likely make it on there instead.  I would also consider replacing Climbing Up The Walls with the Fila Brazillia mix but I feel that would not be right as it a remix and not strictly Radiohead.  I had often thought about planning a tracklist for my "alternative OK Computer" but never really got around to doing it.  The tracklist I posted with was a quick first stab at the idea.  I may refine and burn to CD for the car.  It would be an interesting listen.

12 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

1. Kid A

2. In Rainbows

3. OK Computer

4. Amnesiac

5. The Bends

6. A Moon Shaped Pool

7. Hail to the Thief

8. King of Limbs

9. Pablo Honey

Love this sort of thing. Class, and lists are class.  Its all bullshit in the end but fun to do and it satisfies the music nerd inside of us

11 hours ago, jparx said:

@Swieve that's a mega set list. You're on a roll in this thread!

9 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

@Swieve that is an epic setlist, that would be pretty awesome at Glastonbury!

I still can't believe we don't need to debate if they are headlining, doing a secret set, playing before Adele.... 

With such a fantastic back catalogue I reckon it would be difficult not to come up with an epic setlist

7 hours ago, dylangraham said:

what would everyone's dream setlists be for their own shows next year? Mine would constantly change everyday, but tonight I'm feeling something like this.

1. Burn The Witch
2. There There
3. Decks Dark
4. Ful Stop
5. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
6. The National Anthem
7. Identikit
8. I Might Be Wrong
9. Bloom
10. The Numbers
11. Reckoner
12. Exit Music (For A Film)
13. Everything In Its Right Place
14. Myxomatosis
15. Daydreaming
16. Paranoid Android
17. The Bends

18. A Wolf At The Door
19. Idioteque
20. Fake Plastic Trees
21. Bodysnatchers
22. Motion Picture Soundtrack

23. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
24. Blow Out
25. Karma Police

This setlist echo's the point.  Jigsaw at start of second encore :) My favourite In Rainbows track.  I know there is a lot of love for Reckoner but I think Jigsaw is a better song 

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Hello you seem to have removed the best song in Radiohead's discography from the album...

You also seem to have included High and Dry in a perfect setlist...

I agree with he rest. You are mental and I like it.

I believe it is more mental not to include High and Dry :D

Sod it, been holding off for a while but it's time for a setlist.

Burn The Witch

Creep

There There

Daydreaming

Ful Stop

Lotus Flower

Pyramid Song

I Might Be Wrong

Let Down

2+2=5

(nice dream)

Optimistic

Identikit

The Numbers

The National Anthemn

Reckoner

Mixymotosis

Idioteque

Nude

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Encore:

Airbag

Everything In It's Right Place

Paranoid Android

Street Spirit

Encore 2:

Just

Karma Police

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Sod it, been holding off for a while but it's time for a setlist.

Burn The Witch

Creep

There There

Daydreaming

Ful Stop

Lotus Flower

Pyramid Song

I Might Be Wrong

Let Down

2+2=5

(nice dream)

Optimistic

Identikit

The Numbers

The National Anthemn

Reckoner

Mixymotosis

Idioteque

Nude

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Encore:

Airbag

Everything In It's Right Place

Paranoid Android

Street Spirit

Encore 2:

Just

Karma Police

That'll do me, Jass. With strings. 

Last King of Limbs tour along with many other fans I was a bit annoyed they didn't play a few more of the earlier hits in amongst their set.

Now on this tour what's stopping me from pulling the trigger on tickets for Poland (and whatever festivals they might announce tomorrow) is knowing it's essentially going to be the same hit laden set they played at most festivals this year which, while good, doesn't need to be seen several times in one summer. And I'm hoping for a proper tour where we might hear fewer "hits" and more of the rarer tracks. 

I guess it's true about Radiohead fans never being happy...