Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

11 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Where did the myth of late Radiohead being 'bleepy' come from? Because that's never been even remotely accurate, even their most obscure stuff - TKOL for example is heavily rhythmic but not 'bleepy' at all.

Yeah that first started with Kid A, even though the vast majority of Kid A is done with "organic" instruments. Only Idioteque, EEIRP, Treefingers and Kid A could be described as vaguely electronic and even then not fully really. Still, I think it's partly because they haven't had as many big singles since then too so people don't know. Thom says he regrets not releasing any singles from Kid A - imagine the likes of HTDC being considered alongside big classics as Karma Police, which it should have been of course. 

11 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Where did the myth of late Radiohead being 'bleepy' come from? Because that's never been even remotely accurate, even their most obscure stuff - TKOL for example is heavily rhythmic but not 'bleepy' at all.

Kid A and HTTT have quite a few strongly electronic moments, although not that many actual bleeps spring to mind.

Actually, the only song I can immediately think of containing bleeps is Let Down!

I can hardly believe that this looks almost a done deal. 20 years since I stood in the mud seeing them headline, 14 years since watching them play their first and so far only Pyramid headline slot follwowing The Flaming Lips, and 6 since the excitement of being front row at The Park. It's gonna be a glorious day :-)

Bjork to sub please.

And these 5 songs please in order of my personal hopes....

How To Disappear Completely (even better if they close with it)

Let Down

True Love Waits

Planet Telex

I Might Be Wrong

(+ Down Is The New Up if there is a Glastonbury miracle)