Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Seriously though, The National are brilliant. Four excellent albums on the bounce mean they've been producing great music for over a decade. They would be a great sub for Thom and the Lads (he says bringing the post back on topic) 

I love them but I just don't see them in that slot! Bon Iver all the way for me. The big prime time slot will suit them down to the ground.

With all this Radiohead shenanigans I thought I'd listen to a little bit of their back catalog and I just listened to In Rainbows for the first time in a very very long time and its the first time I actually fully enjoyed the album...........strange..........I had previously never really got the amount of love for In Rainbows. 

My issue with the album was that the tunes always seemed to sound incomplete and lacking in depth/layers; and also what did not help at the time of its release (9 years ago!!) was that I had basically heard the whole thing prior to its release in some shape or form and so there was nothing "new" on it for me and there was no surprises. Also the versions of the tunes I had heard previous to its release had influenced how I thought I should hear them and so the recorded studio version of the tunes jarred with what I was expecting..........great to now finally have that perception finally quashed.........I will for sure be listening to it a a lot more frequently going forward

Must go listen to "Disc 2" now...........

1 minute ago, ThomThomDrum said:

With all this Radiohead shenanigans I thought I'd listen to a little bit of their back catalog and I just listened to In Rainbows for the first time in a very very long time and its the first time I actually fully enjoyed the album...........strange..........I had previously never really got the amount of love for In Rainbows. 

My issue with the album was that the tunes always seemed to sound incomplete and lacking in depth/layers; and also what did not help at the time of its release (9 years ago!!) was that I had basically heard the whole thing prior to its release in some shape or form and so there was nothing "new" on it for me and there was no surprises. Also the versions of the tunes I had heard previous to its release had influenced how I thought I should hear them and so the recorded studio version of the tunes jarred with what I was expecting..........great to now finally have that perception finally quashed.........I will for sure be listening to it a a lot more frequently going forward

Must go listen to "Disc 2" now...........

That was on OK Computer, not In Rainbows...

I'll get me coat.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I love them but I just don't see them in that slot! Bon Iver all the way for me. The big prime time slot will suit them down to the ground.

i hope it's Bon Iver. not sure how it'll go down with a Pyramid crowd what with his newer stuff being quite 'quirky' at times, but if he brings the whole setup he had at Eaux Claires then i can imagine it'd be quite the spectacle 

Ok I feel I have to interrupt all these lists, as everyone seems to have forgotten I conducted a scientific survey last year..... results still available. Although I confess the survey predates the release of AMSP. I may need to conduct another to bring it up to date.

2 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Ok I feel I have to interrupt all these lists, as everyone seems to have forgotten I conducted a scientific survey last year..... results still available. Although I confess the survey predates the release of AMSP. I may need to conduct another to bring it up to date.

1. Radiohead Surveys

2. Neil's lists.

3. Pablo Honey.

4. Students who never post here other than to get their dissertation survey completed.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

1.Boxer

2.Alligator

3.High Violet

4.Trouble Will Find Me

5.In Rainbows

6.OK Computer

7.Kid A

8.The Bends

9.Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers

10.AMSP

11.HTTT

12.Amnesiac

13.King of Limbs

14.The National

15.Pablo Honey

*Radiohead albums input in some sort of educated guess from what I've seen on here.

Get out.