Traders Pitch Fees

Earthwindandfire2205

18 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Good afternoon. Can anybody tell the rough cost of a pitch at Glastonbury please for a small van. Thinking of a venture for next year. Thank you very much. Hope you all had as much fun as we did this year . 

We were chatting to a guy on a small food pitch who mentioned a £15k figure for his.

Can't vouch for how accurate or otherwise that was.

It depends on a load of factors.. where the pitch is, what you're selling, if you're a charity etc..

So for example main markets pay a lot more than greenfields, food stalls pay a lot more than craft stalls, commercial traders pay a lot more than community groups, etc.

I spoke to a guy on the Wednesday night who had a hot food stall to the right of the pyramid as you looked at it. He said he paid approx 10k for the pitch. But if your food is good and you are selling trays of food at £8 a go. I guess over the 5 days it must be worth while. 

I did feel for some of the food stalls which were incredibly hard to access because of the weather. Having to cross the wooden crates over the swamp at West Holts to reach my favourite French food stall was a pain, especially as I'd already been trapped in one of those crates! Must have put a few people off visiting :/

4 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

I did feel for some of the food stalls which were incredibly hard to access because of the weather. Having to cross the wooden crates over the swamp at West Holts to reach my favourite French food stall was a pain, especially as I'd already been trapped in one of those crates! Must have put a few people off visiting :/

Ah, but it's so worth it when you get a plate of the finest Super Royal.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I visited The Grand Bouffe twice. Once very tipsily on Wednesday evening, when I had a whole long conversation with the bemused Frenchman serving me. Then once on Saturday evening when the urge struck for one of their amazing sausages, I wobbled across the pallets to visit. They seemed to be doing ok.

Spoke to a guy who was just in front of us as we were in the queue to get into CV East, he was in a commercial van. He said the pitch fee for his mate for who he was dropping off Wellies, Ponchos and the like was £3100.00, up £500.00 from last year... He didn't say exactly where his mates pitch was but it was certainly within one of the many Market areas...

On 29/06/2016 at 1:42 PM, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

Good afternoon. Can anybody tell the rough cost of a pitch at Glastonbury please for a small van. Thinking of a venture for next year. Thank you very much. Hope you all had as much fun as we did this year . 

AFAIK Glastonbury wont accept applications for new, untried and tested food stalls. OK for non food though.

• 4 weeks later...