YOU MADE A PLEDGE !

fullerlove

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, incident said:

One of the better suggestions I've seen, but it'd still involve a huge amount of admin to enact - you'd need to have gate crew enforcing it 24/7 for at least a 10 day period, have provision for people who forgot to buy tickets, or who bought a tent on site, tents being brought beforehand or taken back afterwards by staff, etc.. Basically there'd be a fairly huge admin overhead and at absolute minimum about 100 extra stewards needed (probably more than twice that to do it properly).

Unfortunately, paying a cleanup crew £7.50 / hour + 3 meals a day would probably still work out significantly more economical overall.

Hmm true. Also, I could bring a load of empty tent bags with me and just stuff them with my belongings to get a refund ticket. Who'd have time to check?

its a work in progress but I'll figure it out, may involve retinal scanners and unmanned drones to enforce. Worth it though

On 29/06/2016 at 1:40 PM, Glastobuddy said:

The trouble is it's the "daytrippers" who have no ties or cares about the farm/festival. Us mere mortals (posing as "worthy warriors") were just (for want of a better expression) mugged off when trying to keep some sort of order and help lighten the load for the clean up crews. It put me off attempting something similar again. 

No, you're a good person, carry on. Judge yourself by your own standards and not anyone else's. 

someone need to make a video

opening shot a full bin with cans piled on top - caption - this is a full bin

pan out to bin beside it - nearly empty - caption - this isn't a full bin.

twat walks into shot - caption:  this is not what you need to do with an empty can - twat balances empty can on pile.

educated festival goer walks into shot - caption: this is the sensible way to dispose of rubbish - put can in empty bin.

This educational video could be shown in schools

I don't understand how some people don't realise how low other peoples' opinion of littering and litterers is.

Case 1) We were sitting in West Holts on some benches, drinking some Brothers'. A family came and sat nearby. Mum, dad, toddler in a trolley, young teenage daughter. We chatted for a while, about all sorts of things, and really warmed to them. Seemed very nice. Very polite kids. Dad was a bit of a "show off", but keen to make a good impression.  Then they got up and said goodbye.  And just walked off leaving a plate of half-eaten food, an empty plastic bottle, a couple of cans and a beer cup, on their bench.  Instantly my opinion of them plummeted.  If they'd not had kids I probably would have said something.    Next people who sat down immediately (they were hovering for the seats, due to mud), saw what they'd done, sighed, and cleaned it up before they sat down.

Case 2) Sunday night. Crossing one of the bridges over the stream. Bloke (with wife) says to us "do you want some cider". He has a big container of it balanced on the wall on the bridge. We say "no thanks" (we don't drink it), and he just pushes it over wall off the bridge into the stream.  We could not believe it. There were bins about 10 feet away.  Me and wife just look at each other, astounded, saying "what a twat" in sync, pretty loud. Hope he heard us.

Don't these people know what c**ts the rest of us think they are? Do they not care?

Edited by GingerRock

5 hours ago, 5co77ie said:

ironically I'd been busted by security earlier that day and they'd taken my weekend's worth - so it wasn't too much of a loss

Oh dear. You've had a bit of bad luck there! I'm certain you had an amazing time regardless! 

Totally and utterly stuck to my pledge , didn't drop a thing and left nothing but footprints,

there was a definate lack of bins around the woods and the bag in the wood and when we went in their it looked a mess, so we asked for a bin bag and went around for 5 minutes clearing up all the mess... No need, but to be fair there were no bins that I could see in that bar in visible sight .... No excuse but frustrating 

How do people deal with people they see pissing on the land? Every year I tell myself i'll have a word with everyone I see doing it, but half of the time I'm not in the right frame of mind (or some other excuse) ..I tend to startle them with a hand on the shoulder and then a polite word, but maybe a louder shaming works better as it encourages other's? 

On 6/29/2016 at 10:57 AM, cazzatron said:

This really annoyed me, about 20 cheap tents, plus chairs, rubbish and all, left behind by a large group next to us in South Park 2...plus more dotted around the rest of the campsite.

I saw this too! Really bad - i was thinking about taking one home but had too much stuff to carry!

Anytime I saw someone pissing in the hedges I told them they shouldn't be doing it. This one bloke I saw pissing against the railing while on my way back to my tent in Bushy Ground after a quick loo visit around 9am Sunday morning, he saw me see him and looked a bit sheepish as he pissed, then as I passed by as he walked back to his friends and his tent, I looked at him and said "Mr Eavis will really appreciate you pissing on his land". The look on his face was priceless. Shamed infront of his friends. I couldn't have timed it better. I also picked up a can of beer some bloke had just thrown on the ground in the cabaret field late Sunday night and said "don't worry, I'll throw this away for you..." again to a sort of stunned sheepish look. Why are people so ignorant and lazy...!?

I think the people who just brazenly urinate over the site in broad view of people are definitely a minority and my feeling is the majority of people recognise that it's not just OK to wee up against a hedge etc when there's so many toilets around. However, I sometimes think that a larger number don't connect or equate the wees in the tent porch/just outside the tent at nighttime or peeing in a cup 'just as a one off because I was busting' which then goes on the ground when stuck in a large crowd as the same issue? I remember back when I started going the green police shaming ang drawing attention to those caught peeing around the site and the sense of everyone else around was publicly condemning their actions, but wondering how many of those tutting had peed in a cup whilst waiting for a headliner or similar, like if they're not directly peeing on the ground, that it doesn't have the same impact?! 

we tidied around us in the disabled field and took down 2 tents that were left, one of which we took. Will probably use it next year even though the intention was for it to be for our other group (we have a 6 man dome for me and the gf and this was a 5 man dome I think, bit lighter and saves me patching the leak on our 6 man) the other one I walked down to the pyramid on my way to get my shit from the lockup and left outside the Syria stall.

Doesn't take a lot of time to help and the thing that REALLY annoys me is when people leave tents. So totally selfish. Even if you put it down and bag it then throw it away that will help. At least some poor schmuck doesn't have to spend half hour packing it down to do same thing!