Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

Long time since I've been to a concert like this, it says doors 6.30, what sort of time (realistically) do I need to be there?

When I go to gigs here, if it says 7pm on the ticket, it can sometimes mean the band being on at 7. Been caught out a few times like that. Most notably the White Stripes. Got there at 8pm just in time to hear Jack White say 'You've been great, this is our last one'

My tickets for the Thursday arrived yesterday, but I didn't actually register the early doors until looking at this thread - so thanks for that! I'd be very surprised if anything happened before 8pm, though, music-wise, given that there's no support. Luckily I should be able to assess the Wednesday situation ahead of my gig. 

4 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My tickets for the Thursday arrived yesterday, but I didn't actually register the early doors until looking at this thread - so thanks for that! I'd be very surprised if anything happened before 8pm, though, music-wise, given that there's no support. Luckily I should be able to assess the Wednesday situation ahead of my gig. 

Haven't got my tickets for Wednesday to hand - what time are doors?

7 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Haven't got my tickets for Wednesday to hand - what time are doors?

6:30. But I think doors are quite often 7pm anyway, aren't they, so it's not *that* early. It's more the fact that there's no support that makes me think Bon Iver could conceivably be on from about 8ish. 

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

Is there much to do around the area of the venue? We've only ever been to London for O2 Brixton or Camden shows so the Hammersmith area is new to us, I know it's a sunday which doesnt help but any good time killers/ pubs/ coffee shops

There’s a handful of pubs about a 5/10 min walk away from the venue. Nothing special, but somewhere to get a pint. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OddRon said:

Is there much to do around the area of the venue? We've only ever been to London for O2 Brixton or Camden shows so the Hammersmith area is new to us, I know it's a sunday which doesnt help but any good time killers/ pubs/ coffee shops

Pubs-wise, the Duke of Cornwall right next door and the Swan (less than 5 mins walk and by the Hammersmith and City line station if you're coming in from that way) are  good. Loads of chain restaurants nearby as well, pretty busy area. If football's your thing and you're going on the 25th there's a sports bar that will have the league cup final on too (that's my plan) 

• Upvote 1

So glad I'm going on the 2nd now. I originally thought that the first set would be' For Emma, Forever Ago' from start to finish to tie in with the 10 yr anniversary, but apparently the show in Milwaukee on the 17th is a one off.