Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

Can't remember where I heard it now (probably here) but someone said it was down to anxiety/depression. Sounds feasible as I found it strange to cancel rather than just postpone, which you might for other kinds of illness or family issues etc. He's still doing some dates elsewhere isn't he? Perhaps the prospect of a full tour was just a bit much. Sad times :(

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can't remember where I heard it now (probably here) but someone said it was down to anxiety/depression. Sounds feasible as I found it strange to cancel rather than just postpone, which you might for other kinds of illness or family issues etc. He's still doing some dates elsewhere isn't he? Perhaps the prospect of a full tour was just a bit much. Sad times :(

Didn't know that, sad times indeed! 

Anyone think he might pop up on the park stage this year for one of the surprises? Would have thought he'd be the perfect contender as he isn't a fan of the gigantic crowds and his new music would absolutely work in that sort of setting. Wouldn't be the first time he turns up at glastonbury as a surprise, he's done it the last 2 years with James Blake & Kanye

There's always the prospect of just Internation Male Solo Artist Mr. B. Iver joining The National on stage for a tune or two, but in all honesty that would just piss me off. Wounds still run deep from the Blackpool cancellation, still haven't been to a single gig this year.

Was fortunate enough to see them at latitude in the fallow year 2012 and was hoping they would pop up this year on the back of their new album. 

Hopefully he gets what he needs from his hiatus and comes back firing. 

• 2 months later...
9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I see Bon Iver have another gig in Ireland in September now as part of an Aaron Dessner curated event, wonder if the European tour will be rescheduled for then?

Hope so... september seems to be the popular choice this year (Sigur Ros, The National and possibly LCD).

I'd kinda given up on those gigs being rescheduled but we'll see :)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Anymore dates? 

Sorry, couldn't say, I only know she's had an email about first dibs on tickets for the replacement date from the one we booked.

So that's a weekend of The National in Manchester on Friday, LCD Soundsystem in London on Saturday, Bon Iver in Blackpool on Monday. Outrageous.

3 minutes ago, justanothername said:

First they cancel and now they announce the new dates when I have no money. Just my luck

I'm upset that the JAN/Lawn road trip won't go ahead, would've been bloody legendary. 

omgomgomg this is going to be during the illuminations isn't it? I'm going to be in my fucking element here.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I'm upset that the JAN/Lawn road trip won't go ahead, would've been bloody legendary. 

This is actually the most upsetting thing about this :( 

Though me and one of my mates have been talking about going to Radiohead next week so if that falls through the road trip might still go ahead 

15 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Sorry, couldn't say, I only know she's had an email about first dibs on tickets for the replacement date from the one we booked.

So that's a weekend of The National in Manchester on Friday, LCD Soundsystem in London on Saturday, Bon Iver in Blackpool on Monday. Outrageous.

That's silly I'm doing LCD in Manchester and The National in London. We will never come across each other despite the vain attempts every Glasto Sunday night.

Edit: Speaking of which my mate was so confused on the Monday morning as to why I was texting a guy called 'GOML' trying to meet him in the middle of Justice.

Edited by Will-2609