Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

• 3 weeks later...

What an odd back and forth tour. Bit gutting but we've decided to go for Mad Cool or NOS so either way we'll catch 'em next summer. 

TBH I'd book them to headline in 2020. Their recent shows have been worthy of headlining any festival. Yes they're not "big enough" but who cares? The festival sells out 8 months in advance anyway and they would utterly smash it. 

pretty much rules out Ozzy as well...

Bon Iver joins Jason Aldean and Ozzy Osbourne as Summerfest headliners. For more Big Gig updates, stay tuned to OnMilwaukee.

I just don't get it with Bon Iver and Glastonbury though. He's in Europe late May into June, and comes back in July, and we know from his reaction in 2009 that he loves and appreciates Glastonbury's significance and he's made cameos with Kanye, The Staves, James Blake on back to back years... it just seemed that this year was finally the year he'd be back, I thought it was an absolute certainty. 

Just now, tevaburger said:

I just don't get it with Bon Iver and Glastonbury though. He's in Europe late May into June, and comes back in July, and we know from his reaction in 2009 that he loves and appreciates Glastonbury's significance and he's made cameos with Kanye, The Staves, James Blake on back to back years... it just seemed that this year was finally the year he'd be back, I thought it was an absolute certainty. 

It's the hope that kills you.

only hope now could be that he's doing the 11am Other opener on Friday before flying Heathrow to Chicago that afternoon, plenty of time to be in Milwaukee for Sat night...or I wouldn't put it above him to be a hidden surprise gem on Thursday somewhere, where you wake up and roam about Friday midday and start hearing the "Did you hear Bon Iver showed up last night at The Glade at xxx time?"

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Aye. Thought it was nailed on the year after those guest appearances and then then the timing of the tour dates last year and next year :wacko:

Looks like I'm going to APE then. 

I too will probly try to get to APE. If they do add Soup Can Stevens to that day, as I saw rumoured somewhere, then I'm definitely there no questions asked.

6 hours ago, tevaburger said:

only hope now could be that he's doing the 11am Other opener on Friday before flying Heathrow to Chicago that afternoon, plenty of time to be in Milwaukee for Sat night...or I wouldn't put it above him to be a hidden surprise gem on Thursday somewhere, where you wake up and roam about Friday midday and start hearing the "Did you hear Bon Iver showed up last night at The Glade at xxx time?"

tbf, plenty of acts have played in Europe one night, and the US the next. very unlikely, but not beyond the realms of possibility he plays Friday night.

• 5 months later...