Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

14 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Even as a fan I found the new arrangements a bit hit and miss. Another reason I think a Pyramid sub set might not be a great choice.

Oh yeah I'm a bit mixed on them from what I've seen like but it's easy to imagine those going down better with an unfamiliar crowd than the more offbeat arrangements they were recorded with. 

Bon Iver would draw a bigger crowd on the Other Stage than alt-J or BBK did last year. I haven't seen any Major Lazer clips and wasn't in that area so can't comment for them but I genuinely think they'd be one of the busier headliners in recent times. That said, I suppose it does depend on who you're up against.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Bon Iver would draw a bigger crowd on the Other Stage than alt-J or BBK did last year. I haven't seen any Major Lazer clips and wasn't in that area so can't comment for them but I genuinely think they'd be one of the busier headliners in recent times. That said, I suppose it does depend on who you're up against.

I was at Alt J, good gig but the crowd was indeed tiny. The field absolutely emptied after Stormzy as everyone and their mother went to the foos. We were pretty far back for stormzy and after he was gone we walked straight up to the barrier.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Splodge said:

That’s a pretty awesome day of music. Hopefully this increases their chances of playing glasto - I doubt they’d be booked as exclusives by APE.

Why doubt it? This definitely decreases their chances if it has an effect. 

Mac DeMarco, First Aid Kit, John Grant, Tallest Man On Earth, Julien Baker, Snail Mail and KOKOKO! on that day also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't know how I feel about this really. I'd love to see Bon Iver again and quite liked APE last year. But if he ends up being at Glastonbury I'd much rather see him there. Lot of variables though re line-up and clashing potential... took a while for APE to sell out last year didn't it?

only day of it which sold out was Nick Cave, which had a much stronger undercard than Justin has been blessed with.. don't think there's much risk in waiting, personally

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

only day of it which sold out was Nick Cave, which had a much stronger undercard than Justin has been blessed with.. don't think there's much risk in waiting, personally

Just what I wanted to hear! May well cave and do both as the undercard is decent but can't see me buying a ticket until next year...

I think this makes him more likely for G personally. They'd say exclusive if it was surely.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't know how I feel about this really. I'd love to see Bon Iver again and quite liked APE last year. But if he ends up being at Glastonbury I'd much rather see him there. Lot of variables though re line-up and clashing potential... took a while for APE to sell out last year didn't it?

Yeah it's a bit of a crossroads. There's some nice stuff on the undercard (could be better / could be worse) but I don't really fancy heading down to London for a Sunday gig either. After the Hammersmith gig the only real 'level up' I'm interested in is a headline set at Glasto.

Didn't even register it was a Sunday! I'm London-based but it takes me well over an hour to get back from a Victoria Park gig so that does make it somewhat less appealing too.

The Hammersmith gig was perfect, so yeah I'm hesitant about paying out for this if it will be full of talkers as London fests often are.