Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

13 hours ago, basquille said:

Nope, problem with their booking system: http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cork-opera-house-sorry-for-bon-iver-ticket-frustrations-453060.html

Was on ferry to Pembroke while trying to get ticket.

Essentially, got through and bought tickets about 3 or 4 times and told that transaction was unsuccessful and was refunded..

.. only it wasn't and they held all that money over the weekend of Glastonbury and didn't clear and go back into my account until the following Wednesday.

Frustrating!

Oh goodness. At least you got it back - the way you said it at first sounded like you'd been permanently shafted!

Got ours, but fuck me those fees are INSANE. Tickets came to £72 for two but somehow I've spunked £90 odd on this! 

Ticket Price: £36.00 x 2 = £72.00
Service Charge: £5.30 x 2 = £10.60
Facility Charge: £1.50 x 2 = £3.00

Delivery Charge: £5.50 
Total Charge: £91.10

What the fuck is the difference between a service and a facility charge? I swear they make this shit up. Wish I could have waited until the main sale but I'm away and in a different timezone so didn't want to risk it.

Oh well... glad I'm going :)

3 minutes ago, James96 said:

Well those prices have well and truly turned me off. To say that they've being playing sets that are around 1 hour 30, this is appalling.

Yeah, I'm a mug mate. I think it's the feeling of having had tickets and then it being cancelled that made me just go "fuck it". 

• Like 1

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, I'm a mug mate. I think it's the feeling of having had tickets and then it being cancelled that made me just go "fuck it". 

Nah I'm sure it'll be great gig! I live in Sheffield as well so it'll be a fortune for me to travel etc. If the sets were a bit longer I'd have happily gone for it but at this rate I'll just hope they're playing a festival or something. If anyone wants my code let me know.

3 minutes ago, James96 said:

Nah I'm sure it'll be great gig! I live in Sheffield as well so it'll be a fortune for me to travel etc. If the sets were a bit longer I'd have happily gone for it but at this rate I'll just hope they're playing a festival or something. If anyone wants my code let me know.

Yeah it'll be good. Just could have done without the extra expense, especially when most of is just pure money-grabbing from the ticket companies. 

2 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

I've spent £70 on one muse ticket. I've got no issue dropping £45 to see the king

Jesus, I wouldn't spend 70p on Muse! ;) But fair enough.

It's not £45 to see him though. It's £36 and a big chunk of cash to Ticketmaster.

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Got ours, but fuck me those fees are INSANE. Tickets came to £72 for two but somehow I've spunked £90 odd on this! 

Ticket Price: £36.00 x 2 = £72.00
Service Charge: £5.30 x 2 = £10.60
Facility Charge: £1.50 x 2 = £3.00

Delivery Charge: £5.50 
Total Charge: £91.10

What the fuck is the difference between a service and a facility charge? I swear they make this shit up. Wish I could have waited until the main sale but I'm away and in a different timezone so didn't want to risk it.

Oh well... glad I'm going :)

Aye it's scandalous - I've spent £30 on fees alone?!

Thanks to @rhg_99 I've managed four tickets for the Sunday show! Absolutely over the moon. I tried for standing tickets on every single date but had no luck so settled for seats. They're in the middle of the circle so shouldn't be too bad and it'll be great to have that perspective of the gig. As mentioned already, the fees are crazy. I hate them but literally, that's the price you have to pay I suppose. Another one off the bucket list!

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Managed to bag a couple as well, although my ticker skipped a beat at the fees.

I almost wish they would have just said it was 45 quid per ticket and no fees. Rather than let you know it's 36 quid and they are screwing your for the rest. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I think £36 is pretty reasonable for an Apollo gig these days, but it's just sickening to see how they break down all these bullshit extra costs. 

Anyway, will be a great gig. Bon Iver in February take two!

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I think £36 is pretty reasonable for an Apollo gig these days, but it's just sickening to see how they break down all these bullshit extra costs. 

Anyway, will be a great gig. Bon Iver in February take two!

You'd think the Bon lads might take a hit and lower the price slightly given we'd already paid one lot of fees. 

Anyway, the gig will be great I'm sure. If he cancels this time though then he's officially off my Christmas card list!

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

You'd think the Bon lads might take a hit and lower the price slightly given we'd already paid one lot of fees. 

Anyway, the gig will be great I'm sure. If he cancels this time though then he's officially off my Christmas card list!

Haha yeah mine too!

I presume Bon Iver actually know nothing about the fees for these things. Way out of their hands. 

100% got no time for these fees when some places charge as little as 50p and you can pick it up at the box office or print at home. I've just paid £30.65 in service, facilities and delivery fees... Am I exaggerating or is that disgusting? It's 2017, just stick the ticket on an app or let me print it myself. 

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

100% got no time for these fees when some places charge as little as 50p and you can pick it up at the box office or print at home. I've just paid £30.65 in service, facilities and delivery fees... Am I exaggerating or is that disgusting? It's 2017, just stick the ticket on an app or let me print it myself. 

No it's grotesque. And there's no need for it. How does it cost over £6 in service charges per ticket when they're bought together?!