Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2017 at 1:00 AM, kaytee... said:

Only just realised they're not playing the ballroom in Blackpool now as they originally were but the opera house instead, so its a fully seated gig. So thats me out, hate seated gigs especially in old venues with fuck all legroom 

I'm mad for an all seated gig. Don't recall ever going to one that wasn't a 10/10 GOAT gig.

Ah actually, Fleet Foxes may have been seated, possibly, I only remember absolutely hating it.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

• 3 weeks later...

It's actually not as expensive as you'd expect. 4 nights all inclusive for 1000 quid split by 2 + music.

They've got to sell it obviously but the more I read it, it seems a bit too good to be true. 3 Bon Iver shows? Stuff your face with all the food and drink you want for about 600 quid over 4 nights?

Edited by Thunderstruck

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

doubt it's either. personal issues probably wouldn't be at play this far out, especially with other gigs soon unaffected, and I doubt they'd pull it after only being on sale a week, it takes time for people to get money and people/friends together to do something like that.

I reckon it's plausible that initial sales were so far below target that they had to pull it to save further embarrassment. Could just as well be some behind the scenes issues though. 

Bigwigs at work are always going on about "fast fail" at work these days. Ie. if you start doing something and it starts to look like it's not going to work then pull out as soon as you can and move onto the next thing, minimises your waste of funds, time, and resources. Apparently this is like the current buzzword in the wider business world at the moment and has caught on pretty big. So maybe that's what this was, the company saw it was starting to look like it was shaky, didn't want a Fyre on their hands, pulled the plug fast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...