Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

13 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

well after listening to the decent quality leak the once i'm pretty unsure. i enjoyed it, but i can tell it's gonna take a few listens before i truly get to grips with it. definitely not one for people still hoping for another log cabin retreat album. seems inevitable that he's gonna end up at the festival next year, but christ i don't know where they're gonna put him

After one listen its a big smattering of the weird and the wonderful. Pretty much what id want any artist i love to create. I felt similar after "Bon Iver, Bon Iver" was released. Multiple listens will no doubt reward.

Really enjoying the album ... 33 "GOD", 00000 Million and 8 (circle) are the particular standouts. 8 (circle) is probably the best thing they've ever done, for me.

Minor criticisms are that its a bit short (never a fan of 10 song albums!!), and some songs seem to tail off to be a bit too experimental towards the end - but that's to be expected I guess.

Really hope they're there next year .. Crying out for a Pryamid sub slot in the sunset. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

Really enjoying the album ... 33 "GOD", 00000 Million and 8 (circle) are the particular standouts. 8 (circle) is probably the best thing they've ever done, for me.

Minor criticisms are that its a bit short (never a fan of 10 song albums!!), and some songs seem to tail off to be a bit too experimental towards the end - but that's to be expected I guess.

Really hope they're there next year .. Crying out for a Pryamid sub slot in the sunset. 

The Other headliner is the dream, but if I get a decent Manchester Apollo gig (or, if we're really dreaming, Liverpool Philharmonic Hall), then I can go for a Pyramid sub as long as it's for Radiohead, because that removed any possibility of a Beyonce clash. Beyonce's headlining Sunday night, you see.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Just announced a UK tour for February next year. Blackpool, Edinburgh and London. 

damn probably gonna have to give this a miss as ticket + travel + place to stay for the night would be a bit much. sure do hope he doesn't end up clashing with somebody at Glastonbury, although i'm more and more thinking he'll headline JP which will of course lead to some kind of clash

Just now, AdamWillingham said:

London folk, you going for roundhouse or apolo? 

Roundhouse ideally as it's one of my favourite venues. I've always had good experiences at the Apollo though so wouldn't be disappointed if I got tickets for there.

Might try for both though depending on the price. Or it'll be impossible to get tickets and I'll end up at neither :lol:

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Anyone know what the script is with the pre sale on Wednesday? I've signed up to the mailing list on the site but not sure if you need to do anything else. 

Worth keeping an eye on ATG tickets as well, as they tend to have better seats for the Playhouse.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

pre-sale info got emailed to me about 30 mins ago

To expand on this crypticness - create an account on BonIver.org, verify it, then find the show you're going to, tick "attend" there'll be a code for the pre-sale in your messages on the account. Sale is at 9am tomorrow.