Bon Iver 2017

Amy Lawn

3 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Bon Iver are good enough to headline the pyramid in my opinion. 

Hes just nowhere near big enough. Whether hes good enough is entirely subjective but in this day and age, Worthy HQ are done taking risks when it comes to promoting "sub sized" bands to headliners. Shame really.

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

Hes just nowhere near big enough. Whether hes good enough is entirely subjective but in this day and age, Worthy HQ are done taking risks when it comes to promoting "sub sized" bands to headliners. Shame really.

I wasn't convinced until I saw the sub headliner set at Coachella, I think it was before Radiohead actually! It was absolutely phenomenal. 

8 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

I wasn't convinced until I saw the sub headliner set at Coachella, I think it was before Radiohead actually! It was absolutely phenomenal. 

I have literally adored their music since i saw him doing Skinny Love on Jools way back when.

Being young and impressionable, the whole story of how that debut album was created just sucked me right in. The mental image of this tall, scruffy, broken man finding refuge in his fathers cabin in wisconsin, recovering from depression and a liver infection, suddenly rediscovering his creativity in an isolated cathartic wilderness. I refused to believe it was true. But when i saw that performance of Skinny Love i was a believer in Justin Vernon.

There will always be the cynics, but i honestly believe theres an emotional sincerity that runs through his music, especially on the first LP. It unashamedly remains to this day in my top 5 debut albums of all time. Staggering to think its been 8 years since i heard it first.

Edited by T-Mouse

On 23/07/2016 at 11:05 AM, T-Mouse said:

Opening an Other Stage headline slot with something like Heavenly Father would probably be one of the greatest moments of my life. I have to politely disagree. Sub would be cool, but headlining the other stage would be glorious. Id cry for the whole hour and a half. 

I've been watching this performance of Heavenly Father loads recently and it's great, I'd love for there to be a couple of more songs similar to it on the new album.

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I've been watching this performance of Heavenly Father loads recently and it's great, I'd love for there to be a couple of more songs similar to it on the new album.

That is bloody marvelous. I know the version he did at Euax Claires last year was phenomenal. He had the staves with him aswell. 

Id love for him and S.Carey to do some of these versions in the future. This cut of "Wash" is stunning.

51 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

did you all get the invite from my missus for this saturday's dinner party?? we'll be playing...

either or both of the first 2 Fleet Foxes albums

Simon & Garfunkel's Concert in the Park

the first Mazzy Star album

10,000 Maniacs "In My Tribe"

Cheers man I'll try make it.

I'll bring a distinctly average store bought dessert thats dangerously close to its use by date and my copy of Come Away With Me by Norah Jones and Life For Rent by Dido. Presume you have On How Life Is by Macy Gray? 

Don't worry about booze either. I'll bring the bottle of Sutter Homes Chenin Blanc thats been in my shed for 5 years. 

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Don't worry about booze either. I'll bring the bottle of Sutter Homes Chenin Blanc thats been in my shed for 5 years. 

Mateus Rosé or don't bother.  I'll bring the canapés I got from M&S and stuck on a tray to make them look homemade.

Do bad albums get played at dinner parties, or do they become bad by being overplayed at dinner parties?

12 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Cheers man I'll try make it.

I'll bring a distinctly average store bought dessert thats dangerously close to its use by date and my copy of Come Away With Me by Norah Jones and Life For Rent by Dido. Presume you have On How Life Is by Macy Gray? 

shit..if you're coming then, we'll have to bring out some Prodigy to play....and leave a Blur album teasingly around the stereo for other guests to look at, but avoid playing it completely on the night. (and we've moved party to sunday, by the way)

On 24/07/2016 at 11:47 AM, baggienick68 said:

My absolute nightmare is Bon Iver headlining The Other or the JP and clashing with Radiohead headlining the Pyramid. They would never be so cruel - would they?

sorry. :-(

This would be truly terrible and now it's been said, it means it's going to happen. noooooo!