Headliner predictions 2017

swede

39 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

morning all. I've recently really got into a band called Tool (dunno whether many people know them but they are awesome) jus read on some fan forum they hav new music coming out next year maybe, anyone know if 1)this is true and 2)could they play Glasto? If so where do you think they'd fit? 

As the resident TOOL superfan...those two questions open a real can of worms.

Will they have new music next year? Who the fuck knows. Possibly? It feels like it's been imminent for a few years now. Justin said they've been working on the same song for a month, so it could still be a while off.

Glastonbury? I'd love to think so but I really doubt it. If they do a festival over here they will headline Download, assuming they ever come back to the UK. Whether or not they could do that and also headline the Other stage is not impossible, but pretty unlikely. I'm just not sure that they care about playing Glastonbury, and I'm also not convinced that the Eavii would have any interest in booking them.

Edited by jparx

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I don't want to get my hopes up and read too much into Adam Lambert's comments about having big announcements for next year...but I would LOVE Queen along with Adam Lambert to be at Glastonbury!

Keep those hopes down as low as they go. Foo and the Fighters and Zzzzzed Sheeran are the other two headliners. 

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury? I'd love to think so but I really doubt it. If they do a festival over here they will headline Download, assuming they ever come back to the UK. Whether or not they could do that and also headline the Other stage is not impossible, but pretty unlikely. I'm just not sure that they care about playing Glastonbury, and I'm also not convinced that the Eavii would have any interest in booking them.

They booked them before : http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/worthy-farm-pilton-england-13d29961.html

It is also where this happened : 

But if they are back in the UK and playing festivals I'd expect them to play Reading ... hopefully on the same day as ATDI so I can get a one day ticket :)

Edited by HoTWire

2 hours ago, jparx said:

As the resident TOOL superfan...those two questions open a real can of worms.

Will they have new music next year? Who the fuck knows. Possibly? It feels like it's been imminent for a few years now. Justin said they've been working on the same song for a month, so it could still be a while off.

I `was` a tool fan....I say was as I got fed up with the egotist known as Maynard James Keenan to put down his indulgent side projects and give tool fans the music they've been waiting for a hell of a lot of years for now.

Lost interest long ago due to lack of activity/care about releasing new stuff from the band dont know if id even bother to see them now, cant even remember what a tool live show is like its been that long lol

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Lost interest long ago due to lack of activity/care about releasing new stuff from the band dont know if id even bother to see them now, cant even remember what a tool live show is like its been that long lol

Like this : 

They've not stopped touring, just not been over here for a while.

The lack of release is because of the whole record label 'issues' lawsuits and shit they were having.  Which were resolved earlier this year.  That is why all of them worked on side projects.

2 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Like this : 

They've not stopped touring, just not been over here for a while.

The lack of release is because of the whole record label 'issues' lawsuits and shit they were having.  Which were resolved earlier this year.  That is why all of them worked on side projects.

I have seen them once doing a festival show, cant remember if it was one of the uk ozzfest dates or the first download festival they were on the bill....it was at donington in the early 00`s anyway.....to be honest it was a let down, all that arty showy stuff they do on the screens to complement the music works well as above in an indoor venue....but on an outdoor stage in the blazing sun? it didnt really have the same effect.

If they are booked for glastonbury itd have to be either in the jp tent or some kind of evening slot to create the kind of conditions they do well in,

Edited by waterfalls212434

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

If they are booked for glastonbury itd have to be either in the jp tent or some kind of evening slot to create the kind of conditions they do well in,

yeah they would need to be in the dark utilising the full thing.  I'd say Other headliner would work, they are big enough, tour rarely enough, and would work opposite Sheeran or someone... But I'd expect them to play Reading rather than Glastos.

2 minutes ago, The Orgazoid said:

Keep those hopes down as low as they go. Foo and the Fighters and Zzzzzed Sheeran are the other two headliners. 

I actually don't mind Ed Sheeran but unless he pulls something out the bag with his new album such as a few more upbeat numbers then it's going to be a bit sombre. I know everyone (including myself) thought that about Adele but at least, although mostly slower downbeat songs, they're massive powerful tunes. Ed's are a bit...meh.

2 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I don't want to get my hopes up and read too much into Adam Lambert's comments about having big announcements for next year...but I would LOVE Queen along with Adam Lambert to be at Glastonbury!

I'm pretty sure brian may has (quite rightly) called michael eavis a complete c**t in the past over ME's bloodthirsty support of the barbaric and scientifically-discredited badger cull. 

Seems unlikely he'd do glastonbury the huge favour of taking his band there and rescuing it from terrible bookings like ed sheeran/foo fighters etc

8 hours ago, HoTWire said:

They booked them before : http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/worthy-farm-pilton-england-13d29961.html

It is also where this happened : 

But if they are back in the UK and playing festivals I'd expect them to play Reading ... hopefully on the same day as ATDI so I can get a one day ticket :)

*Sigh*...Rage at Glastonbury again. That's the dream, right there. 

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Fair one. If "Digging For Windows" is anything to go by, we're in for a treat.

Tell you what, Zack can do the solo project, and Audioslave can reform too

Only without that whiney voiced fucker from Soundgarden.  Maybe with, oh I dunno, Chuck D and/or the dude from Cypress Hill instead :D

3 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

I don't know, "global superstar"? I'm starting to think it might be Lady Gaga after all.

I see what you mean - it does sound like a 'solo' act but we don't have long to wait.

Tbf if they do say Lady Gaga then we'd be no further ahead as it'd be widely dismissed as them assuming she's a headliner.