Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, hatman said:

Guns n roses already signed up to download festival and the isle of wight so the rumour goes. yeah and they are too expensive for glasto as the previous poster said. will probably rule out a few others who prefer to do their own tour like prince in the past and ac/dc

I think IOW have got them on a UK festival exclusive.

12 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

With all the talk about lack of female acts at UK festivals one of them will be female. I think it will be Rhianna, Foo Fighters and someone else, possibly Killers

There are only so many female acts that would be deemed suitable - the likes of Gaga, Rihanna etc flutuate between being big enough and kind of falling off a bit, and I don't think they'll just book em for the sake of it. They've had two over the past two years (okay, one by accident) which is pretty good going I thought, one of em being the biggest current act in the world and both of them going down very well

1 hour ago, oneoftherest said:

Surely Radiohead are nailed on, I'm thinking

Radiohead - Stone Roses - Taylor Swift

I think Cliff Richard might do the legends slot you know, I agree Elton seems a great pick but not sure if he is a bit obvious, I think George Michael would do a great job in that slot too

I'd be happy with Cliff, Elton or George in the legends slot, all of whom are more than qualified. Is Cliff a toxic brand these days, though? I mean, he wasn't charged but we all know mud sticks...

I also think Radiohead are very likely. They were practically publicly asked by the Eavii, and then they showed up at the festival. It doesn't get more obvious than that. I'd be thrilled with Taylor and totally non-plussed by Ed.

5 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't a clue about such things but did spot this (see below). It may be of interest to some.

A spokesperson for William Hill said: “After yet another successful Glastonbury, all thoughts will already be turning towards 2017’s festival and it looks likely that a couple of recently reformed bands – Guns N’ Roses and The Stone Roses – may be headlining the Pyramid Stage next summer.”

Check out the full list of odds below:

• 8/11 Guns N’ Roses
  • 5/4 Kasabian
  • 2/1 Radiohead
  • 2/1 The Stone Roses
  • 3/1 Foo Fighters
  • 5/1 Manic Street Preachers
  • 6/1 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  • 7/1 Rihanna
  • 8/1 Bruce Springsteen
  • 8/1 Calvin Harris
  • 8/1 Mumford and Sons
  • 12/1 AC/DC
  • 12/1 Ed Sheeran
  • 12/1 Justin Bieber
  • 12/1 Justin Timberlake
  • 12/1 Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
  • 12/1 The Prodigy
  • 12/1 The Who
  • 14/1 BAR

Interesting....

doubtful that AC/DC will be contenders with Guns n Roses being the favourites, unless they get another singer to fill in after Axl Rose.

I would love to see Foos.

I think Elton would be amazing for the Legend's slot or maybe Rod Stewart? 

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead, The Stone Roses, Ed Sheeran.

Elton would be my pick for the legends slot but not sure if he'd accept it.

Elton would be ace and that would be huge if they got those four acts, but yeah, i'm unsure whether he'd accept it just yet, although i have no doubt that he'll do it sometime in the near future

16 hours ago, kalifire said:

I'd be happy with Cliff, Elton or George in the legends slot, all of whom are more than qualified. Is Cliff a toxic brand these days, though? I mean, he wasn't charged but we all know mud sticks...

I also think Radiohead are very likely. They were practically publicly asked by the Eavii, and then they showed up at the festival. It doesn't get more obvious than that. I'd be thrilled with Taylor and totally non-plussed by Ed.

Wait?  They showed up?  Did i miss something of the secret sets thread??

17 hours ago, oneoftherest said:

Surely Radiohead are nailed on, I'm thinking

Radiohead - Stone Roses - Taylor Swift

I think Cliff Richard might do the legends slot you know, I agree Elton seems a great pick but not sure if he is a bit obvious, I think George Michael would do a great job in that slot too

As long as Sir Cliff does wired for sound in full leathers on roller blades im there !

Elton is the dream legends slot for me now though, would be so good

Edited by swede
Added an extra sentence

Just now, watsonjm said:

Wait?  They showed up?  Did i miss something of the secret sets thread??

they didn't perform - they were just on site, as they often are as they seem to enjoy attending the festival, and often have other projects that are performing on site (Thom DJing, Jonny's Orchestra last year etc)

6 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

12/1 for Ed Sheeran seems like it's worth a flutter. Definitely more likely to headline than GnR or Kasabian. 

think those odds were off, or have expired - the odds on all Radiohead, Roses and Sheeran are 2/1 here, unless i've missed odds on another site

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/e/9523163/.html

1 minute ago, snorton82 said:

What i'd like:

Stone Roses + Kendrick sub

Fleetwood Mac

Foo's + Biffy Clyro sub

reckon Kendrick will be done with touring for a bit next year and return to headline Reading/Leeds in 2018, so if we ever get him it may not be for some time. a shame we haven't had him yet, and no doubt they've tried but it just hasn't worked out

If I were the kind of fellow to draw up a fake poster, I'd have Foos, Radiohead and Sheeran atop the bill.

Elton is too big for the legend slot I think, still a headliner.

It has to be #RightBazza for the legends now, which I'd be more than happy with, but ideally we'd get Phil Collins