Headliner predictions 2017

swede

Given the discussions around female performers and headliners, I imagine one of the slots may be either Taylor Swift/Rhianna/GaGa - maybe even someone newer like Jess Glynne with lots of special guests on the Friday night perhaps, although that's probably more Other stage territory. I'm struggling to think of appropriate female bands or artists, but Glastonbury seems keen to acknowledge these things.  

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns n roses already signed up to download festival and the isle of wight so the rumour goes. yeah and they are too expensive for glasto as the previous poster said. will probably rule out a few others who prefer to do their own tour like prince in the past and ac/dc

Edited by hatman

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

This

This x 2

If Radiohead were actually at the festival then they are nailed on (like Adele last year) Stone roses seems a now or never for 2017 and it fits in perfectly with the new material and the fact they have had their money spinning shows now. Ed Sheeran is inevitable at some point, and that fact that Adele went down so well means next years as likely as any.

2 hours ago, siweltrebor said:

Fleetwood Mac want 4 million to headline apparently

They should pull their heads out of their arses.

Such a shame, them and Stone Roses are all I'm really interested in seeing headline Glastonbury now. I'm not sure how much money they could actually need now, and they'd get a major boost in popularity (particularly amongst younger people) by doing the festival, it's so short sighted to demand such a ridiculous fee.

1 minute ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Who could headliner West Holts this year? I've already thought of a few names: OutKast, Diana Ross, Chacka Khan could all go down well in that slot. Any other names?

Lauryn Hill would be out of this world.

Outkast are too big for WH, they're sub-headliners on Pyramid

I haven't a clue about such things but did spot this (see below). It may be of interest to some.

A spokesperson for William Hill said: “After yet another successful Glastonbury, all thoughts will already be turning towards 2017’s festival and it looks likely that a couple of recently reformed bands – Guns N’ Roses and The Stone Roses – may be headlining the Pyramid Stage next summer.”

Check out the full list of odds below:

• 8/11 Guns N’ Roses
  • 5/4 Kasabian
  • 2/1 Radiohead
  • 2/1 The Stone Roses
  • 3/1 Foo Fighters
  • 5/1 Manic Street Preachers
  • 6/1 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  • 7/1 Rihanna
  • 8/1 Bruce Springsteen
  • 8/1 Calvin Harris
  • 8/1 Mumford and Sons
  • 12/1 AC/DC
  • 12/1 Ed Sheeran
  • 12/1 Justin Bieber
  • 12/1 Justin Timberlake
  • 12/1 Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
  • 12/1 The Prodigy
  • 12/1 The Who
  • 14/1 BAR

Just now, BlackHole2006 said:

Could easily headline the Other I suppose. Listening to Lauryn Hill and enjoying it, this would be good on that stage.

They're very likely to play I'd say though, there was regret from Andre about doing the most recent tour and I'd say they probably won't play live again...

Hill would also be tricky to book but I stand by it as an incredible WH headliner if they manage it

2 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't a clue about such things but did spot this (see below). It may be of interest to some.

A spokesperson for William Hill said: “After yet another successful Glastonbury, all thoughts will already be turning towards 2017’s festival and it looks likely that a couple of recently reformed bands – Guns N’ Roses and The Stone Roses – may be headlining the Pyramid Stage next summer.”

Check out the full list of odds below:

• 8/11 Guns N’ Roses
  • 5/4 Kasabian
  • 2/1 Radiohead
  • 2/1 The Stone Roses
  • 3/1 Foo Fighters
  • 5/1 Manic Street Preachers
  • 6/1 Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  • 7/1 Rihanna
  • 8/1 Bruce Springsteen
  • 8/1 Calvin Harris
  • 8/1 Mumford and Sons
  • 12/1 AC/DC
  • 12/1 Ed Sheeran
  • 12/1 Justin Bieber
  • 12/1 Justin Timberlake
  • 12/1 Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
  • 12/1 The Prodigy
  • 12/1 The Who
  • 14/1 BAR

Who believes manics could headline??? 

Kasabian are second favourites?!

Surely fucking not? What the hell have they done since they last headlined?! Their favourite football team winning the league doesn't make them being a fresh act.

If they somehow managed to pull off GNR, Radiohead and Stone Roses it would be a strong contender for biggest ever lineup.