Access + Travel route into North car park by Blue Campsite.

Copperface

I am travelling up very early AM on the Friday from the South (Northumberland) but coming either up the A1 or the A68 to go through Edinburgh onto the M90 up to Perth. Then want to travel from Perth to T from the North.

The idea is to be channelled into the North car park near to the Blue campsite rather than be corralled into the West nearest the Yellow campsite. Want to either get into Cit T (still no notifications for that!) or the Blue as the yellow will probably be a Slam war zone and don't want any part of that.

Any ideas if this will work as am unfamiliar with both the area and the T site?

Cheers for any advice.

Pester them re Cit T....I did! Kept emailing...I was such a bloody pest, after the forum thing in Aberdeen was cancelled I was emailing them every few days. Eventually I got a personal reply assuring me we we in! Did you register early for Cit T?? If so, apparently you should be ok. Hopefully see you there!! K :::

Yes, got the notification Friday evening eventually. Just waiting to see if the rest of our group got them as well as we will need to be together as I am responsible for them!! If not Cit T then Blue looks like  the best option. I will be the vaguely perplexed gentleman of vintage in a straw hat clutching a container of lukewarm gin and tonic.

From your local knowledge does that route I posted above look right? Trying to avoid the trek from the car park designated for vehicles coming from the south, which is the opposite side of the site to Cit T and Blue.

Sounds right to me....take the M90 to the Broxden roundabout at Perth, then follow the signs for T from there. I inadvertently followed the signage off the M90 south of Perth as I'd come from Dunblane last year, ended up in the west car park with what felt like a twenty mile trek across the site.  Missed a few acts I'd wanted to see but felt better after self-medicating with gin....

Thanks.

Looking after (well, sort of) six sixteen year olds and do not want to be trekking with them across miles of fields to get to Cit T.....

I expect i won't see them for three days and i'll be happily wandering around enjoying myself.

wow you are brave!

most likely will see them in the morning and not again til later on!

i'm going for blue this year, never been camping at this site yet but been to the previous site a few times.

staying as far away from yellow as i can, recon that place will be a hell-hole!

hope you have a great time!

7 hours ago, Alziee said:

wow you are brave!

most likely will see them in the morning and not again til later on!

i'm going for blue this year, never been camping at this site yet but been to the previous site a few times.

staying as far away from yellow as i can, recon that place will be a hell-hole!

hope you have a great time!

Meant more figuratively. I expect that like you, I'll see them off in the morning and then make sure they get back each night. I'll be in touch with them during the day to make sure there are no problems but they'll all stick together, leaving me to do as I want :)

We're all down for Cit T so no too worried about that, just ned to make sure they keep out of bother in the arena/tents etc.

This is also the route we were planning on using now simply because we are all camping in Pink Moon and its closest to that camp site entrance.

But TITP being TITP have told us because we are being dropped off in a 16 seater mini bus then we aren't allowed to use the official bus park and we can't use the car park for a drop off point (we were even willing to pay the price of a day parking pass). So now we have to use the official PUDO which is a 45min walk from the entrance....and that entrance is over the completely other side of the campsite!

17 hours ago, kezzawizz said:

Maybe see you at Cit T then!

Surely will...look out for numerous Schweppes or Fever Tree plastic bottles being sonsumed one after the other.

6 hours ago, PatsInThePark said:

This is also the route we were planning on using now simply because we are all camping in Pink Moon and its closest to that camp site entrance.

But TITP being TITP have told us because we are being dropped off in a 16 seater mini bus then we aren't allowed to use the official bus park and we can't use the car park for a drop off point (we were even willing to pay the price of a day parking pass). So now we have to use the official PUDO which is a 45min walk from the entrance....and that entrance is over the completely other side of the campsite!

Aren't you supposed to register small coaches/larger minibuses with them and you would then be able to use the bus station?

other wise, I understand what they are trying to do, but that walk is a killer.

1 hour ago, Copperface said:

Aren't you supposed to register small coaches/larger minibuses with them and you would then be able to use the bus station?

other wise, I understand what they are trying to do, but that walk is a killer.

You were yes, but again unfortunately for us 16 seater coaches weren't valid to apply and aren't granted access to the coach park. 

Yeah it's going to be a killer. Back to the good old days of the "walk of death" from Balado. 

23 hours ago, PatsInThePark said:

Is the bus station for all coaches the closest to pink moon?