The state of the ground

Sawdusty surfer

Just now, lucyginger said:

Me too! I've just printed my clashfinder too! It's sooo close!!!!! 

I haven't done clashfinder, I'm so unorganised on that front, really need to get on that over the weekend!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

I haven't done clashfinder, I'm so unorganised on that front, really need to get on that over the weekend!

I've never printed one before, and then noticed things when I got home that I wanted to see!! I'm not organised in other respects, I've got a furry coat to finish making and I need to pack! EEK! 

Must admit the weather has improved, and still is improving, so hopefully that spreads to glasto.

So heres a question, if the weather stays dry to the run up of the festival (as almost predicted) do we think the ground could dry up nicely reading for when I/Many others arrive on Wednesday?

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You know, I'm not sure that the John Peel Tent even exists.

I've heard rumours about it, sure, but like Stringfellows or Stamford Bridge I can't imagine why anyone would want to go there.

The route up there round the north side of the Pyramid is the site of the deepest mud I've ever seen at the festival. Mustve been 2-3 feet deep. Diabolical stuff.

I count myself lucky to have never experienced such conditions in just shy of 10 visits.  These days they hit the worst ground with almost military precision as soon as issues appear.  The slippy surface mud isn't a problem for long, but when the mashed up grass and thick claggy mud starts you know things are going south.  Thankfully the prevention work they do these days does much to prevent that becoming a problem in the worst areas.

Well, according to the bbc, this should be the last of the rain for a few days (little bit on Sunday), so I suppose there's hope it will dry out. Took the ground about 2 days to dry up after the 2005 flood, though that did have hot sun to push things along, at the moment there is no sun forecast really until possibly Tuesday/wednesday

Edited by Mr.Tease