home automation hardware/software

eFestivals

My home automation system has been running with me away for five months and been working ok.ibkep adding to it. I've just discovered that I can play music out of the Sonos speakers at home  via Spotify from my hospital bed. The wife is pissed off that I keep changing her music choices.

The next thing onto the system will be the cat I plan to get the cat is going to have a cat can and GPS just because I can and it'll also have a mobile phone subscription to work with those.

• 9 months later...

i'm slowly giving up on this.... i was away from my system for moths when in hospital, and while everything kept working, there were lots of updates which needed my attention to work properly, and now i'm back with my system, i've forgotten how to do stuff, and my brain is too fried to work thru it, i might try another software system or not.

I am all over this stuff. Raspberry pi setup. Replaced all my sonos kit when they started talking about obsoleting my hardware. Run a bunch of picore players now with hiberry dac daughter boards. Sound great and open source via the old squeezebox slimserver. I also use the Vera home hub and linked that into a bunch of stuff over zwave and a bunch more raspi that running heating, lights etc. Passed the time during lockdown, bit nerdy though and my wife has zero clues how anything works😂

10 hours ago, CurlyPutz said:

my wife has zero clues how anything works😂

my wife keep's telling me to change how the heating works, i tell her, that's how the heating works, that's nothing of my setup. if you want me to change it, you  have to properly specify how you want it done.

i'm pleased it all kept working ok when i was in hospital, me and wife able to play playlists to the others remote sonos player was very odd.

Edited by Neil