"It seemed like a good idea at the time..."

BluePaul

Go on then, what's the daftest thing you've bought at Glastonbury?  Perhaps one of those pixie hats made out of some sort of gourd, or an 'amusing' T-shirt that's not seen the light of day since?  Maybe you went for the fairy wings and tutu? The ukulele that's not been played since you got home?  Has anyone ever actually bought a candle powered boat and played with it in the bath?

I spent the best part of forty quid on a 'Tibetan' jacket the other year that continues to smell slightly 'off' two years later...

Bought some of those wooden mushrooms you see up in the craft fields. Have them in a planter in the garden. They cheer the place up a bit.

The bad idea was when I almost became impaled on one, the wife had put them in a carrier bag pointy end up and rested the against a seat. I almost ended up with one stuck where the sun don't shine when I sat down too quickly.

Can you imagine, being stretchered out of the festival with a giant mushroom stuck out your ass and crowds of onlookers peeing themselves. Makes me shudder to think.

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

Knitted jungle animal finger puppets. This was in 2014, when I went solo. Thought I'd get something for my son. He looked at them once, shrugged, and carried on playing with an empty cardboard box. 

Yeahhhhh!  Mine lives in my festival bag :)

IMG_20150625_165308184.jpg

3 hours ago, BluePaul said:

I spent the best part of forty quid on a 'Tibetan' jacket the other year that continues to smell slightly 'off' two years later...

Yes they got me with those Tibetan jackets too. Seriously can't think of any situation where I could wear it, even when back at Glasto! And getting it out of the wardrobe would let my wife find out that I even bought it, so I think it's safest where it is

Mine was one of those mexican style ponchos, hasn't seen the light of day all year.

I may take it back this year just to try and stop me buying another one!!!! :lol:

I'm sure I'll end up with some more useless stuff this year....

Have brought the finger puppets before, a few random little precision instruments and fairy wings, all as presents for my daughter. May have to get her a candle powered boat this year as I feel I should support the guy, to me candle powered boat man is to Glastonbury what the Ravens are to the Tower of London