Neighbour has our tickets

Staitey

2 hours ago, Staitey said:

He confirmed he put 10 to 15 letter back to sender so fingers crossed they will turn up at SeeTickets

Who accumulates 10-15 mis-delivered letters that need returning to sender? I think it's happened to me once in my life where I had my neighbours letter come through the door and I just popped it through her letterbox. That's weird, no?

22 minutes ago, Leggins said:

Who accumulates 10-15 mis-delivered letters that need returning to sender? I think it's happened to me once in my life where I had my neighbours letter come through the door and I just popped it through her letterbox. That's weird, no?

We got quite a lot when we moved into our current home. Had no forwarding address so we returned to sender. Perhaps that is why..... Hope they turn up soon! 

37 minutes ago, Leggins said:

People who rent? Rarely ever get a forwarding address but do get a shitload of post, if you are really lucky you get bailiffs too (who am i kidding, you ALWAYS get baillifs)

Thanks for all the support everyone.

You should have seen the amount of post that they had and I have to say we still get letters for the previous tenants after being here for 2 years, so it is possible.

I am feeling hopeful, at least we can say we have tried everything.

11 hours ago, Staitey said:

Update: Glastonbury has emailed the following:

I cannot believe people in the past people have lost their ticket and are unable to go to a festival that they have paid for, specifically when it is one of the only festivals that has a passport type system where each ticket has photo identity. 

I got exactly the same paragraph from.Glastonbury Festival in their emailed reply to me. Sounds like a standard paragraph!

As crew we're told to be very very careful about tickets, as replacements are "difficult or impossible" to get. Without any scanning system (technically incredibly challenging for the scale of Glastonbury) there is no way to cancel tickets.

Not much consolation I know. I don't think anyone here has any doubts that you are genuine. A good part of that will be because we're seeing it day by day, with every agonising detail. If you've not done so already, type up a little log of dates and what you've done to attempt to recover the tickets, and send that to SeeTickets (and the festival) so they can see the full history.

You're basically needing to try and get them to break a rule which is in place for a good reason, so frame your communication with that in mind. You never know, they may just relent :)

I do really hope you can get a result on this - best of luck.

7 minutes ago, paulo999 said:

As crew we're told to be very very careful about tickets, as replacements are "difficult or impossible" to get. Without any scanning system (technically incredibly challenging for the scale of Glastonbury) there is no way to cancel tickets.

Not much consolation I know. I don't think anyone here has any doubts that you are genuine. A good part of that will be because we're seeing it day by day, with every agonising detail. If you've not done so already, type up a little log of dates and what you've done to attempt to recover the tickets, and send that to SeeTickets (and the festival) so they can see the full history.

You're basically needing to try and get them to break a rule which is in place for a good reason, so frame your communication with that in mind. You never know, they may just relent :)

I do really hope you can get a result on this - best of luck.

This is great advice, thank you.

We will keep trying and hopefully someone can help us. SeeTickets have been proactive in recent emails so fingers crossed.

12 hours ago, blackred said:

People who rent? Rarely ever get a forwarding address but do get a shitload of post, if you are really lucky you get bailiffs too (who am i kidding, you ALWAYS get baillifs)

I've had to deal with bailiffs as well! Gets a bit scary when a big bloke is banging on your door in the evenings! 

The people downstairs moved a month ago and the new tenants seem incapable of understanding how to deal with the last tenants post so they keep putting it on my doorstep. There's loads of it.. It's endless and it's getting on my nerves now! I just make a pile and write on them all, then post them back on a regular basis. I can understand why the neighbours in this situation have a lot of return post unless they've lived there years - then it's a bit weird!

I've still got everything crossed for you :( 

20 minutes ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

Oh gosh I really feel for you!!!

the weird bit is if he's put it back in the postbox satin return to sender surely Royal Mail would be alerted that it was special delivery? 

Any chance you can find out which sorting offices the mail from that box goes to and chat to them? 

As it was signed for the tracking finishes there. So return to sender does not pick this up.

1 hour ago, ManchesterGlasto said:

Yeah but I thought someone might remember a special delivery being returned to sender? That can't happen a lot surely?

I think this would be hard to pin down, we have tried Royal Mail a few times and we did not get much from them.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

do you know what/where the seetickets return address is? it might be easier to just have them hold onto it and collect it directly from their offices.

I think it might be in Nottingham and this is a good shout. If and my god I hope it does turn up, I will ask if this is possible.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i would ask before, as if/when it does, someone might just pop it back in the post, or to the correct address if you've provided it/changed it.

hopefully they will ring the number associated with the registration/booing confirmation though.

Thanks I will do that. I have been told they are on alert for the letter so we will get notified first.

We recieved an annoying yet funny message from Glastonbury today saying if we do not find the tickets we could always try and claim it on travel or home insurance... 

We just want what we paid for! Our photos are linked to our purchase why is this so difficult. Can they not see the lengths we are making to try get these back! 

This is so stressful! I wish somebody would help us.

11 minutes ago, Staitey said:

We just want what we paid for! Our photos are linked to our purchase why is this so difficult. Can they not see the lengths we are making to try get these back! 

This might not help but I think part of the problem is that for every person with genuine circumstances there is another, or perhaps more, with a fake scenario trying to blag it in.  It's harsh but the Festival is simply not staffed to hear and consider every case, so issues the blanket 'No paper ticket, No entry' policy.  As such you are unfortunately a victim of the Festival's popularity.

That said if it was me I would still make the effort to come armed with every piece of evidence I could lay my hands on and plead at the gate.  The worst case is they don't let you in, in which case you've only lost a trip there and back.  The best case is of course the opposite......

I still have faith that this will all come good for you though ;)

6 hours ago, Staitey said:

As it was signed for the tracking finishes there. So return to sender does not pick this up.

if a Special Delivery is being returned it should be picked up at some point and scanned- even if they shoved it in a post box

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

This might not help but I think part of the problem is that for every person with genuine circumstances there is another, or perhaps more, with a fake scenario trying to blag it in.  It's harsh but the Festival is simply not staffed to hear and consider every case, so issues the blanket 'No paper ticket, No entry' policy.  As such you are unfortunately a victim of the Festival's popularity.

That said if it was me I would still make the effort to come armed with every piece of evidence I could lay my hands on and plead at the gate.  The worst case is they don't let you in, in which case you've only lost a trip there and back.  The best case is of course the opposite......

I still have faith that this will all come good for you though ;)

All it could take is us going to the admin cabin, take one look at us and the photo registered on their website and then job done. I know where you are coming from but when we are this side of the fence it is so frustrating! 

1 hour ago, Staitey said:

All it could take is us going to the admin cabin, take one look at us and the photo registered on their website and then job done. I know where you are coming from but when we are this side of the fence it is so frustrating! 

as parsonjack said for every one genuine person there will be one who is trying to pull a fast one, look at this scenario

1 enter wrong address but make sure it is someone you know and you will get your tickets from them when delivered

2 Tell every one you have made a mistake and you didn't get the tickets

3 join a forum and post woe is me numerous times and try get people to join you in harassing GLF until they give you more tickets

4 receive extra tickets

5 sell/give extra tickets to mates who get into the festival

6 GLF then goes over the maximum number of people allowed site and the festival has it's licence cancelled

7 NO MORE GLASTONBURY

you happy now you selfish B****D

38 minutes ago, ZoomZoom said:

as parsonjack said for every one genuine person there will be one who is trying to pull a fast one, look at this scenario

1 enter wrong address but make sure it is someone you know and you will get your tickets from them when delivered

2 Tell every one you have made a mistake and you didn't get the tickets

3 join a forum and post woe is me numerous times and try get people to join you in harassing GLF until they give you more tickets

4 receive extra tickets

5 sell/give extra tickets to mates who get into the festival

6 GLF then goes over the maximum number of people allowed site and the festival has it's licence cancelled

7 NO MORE GLASTONBURY

you happy now you selfish B****D

Yet again another helpful post!! Seriously have you nothing better to do!!??