Neighbour has our tickets

Staitey

Fingers crossed that the tickets turn up at See and they are able to resend.

The fact remains though that you have proof of purchase which can be linked, hopefully undisputably, to you and your partner via your photographs.  Essentially this may be no different to receiving your tickets and then the dog eats them - you have no ticket physically but you, and the festival, can prove you have legitimately purchase entry and are entitled to attend.

There may be some questioning over whether you could have passed your tickets to someone else who then gets in using them (assuming they look a little like you) while you plead the loss, but the festival should be able to tell if the tickets have been used to gain entry (via the first entry ticket scan), and if not then block those ticket numbers if someone does try to use them.

Hopeful again that they do turn up, but I really would make the effort to prepare and pack as usual then arrange your travel so that you can explain it all at the gate.  Not sure how you will get to the gate without having to show a ticket to park etc but sure someone else can advise on this.

Best of luck.

Outch! Really feel for you and hope that you can sort this out with either your Neighbour or Glasto. 

As far as having a go at See Tickets goes though - this isn't their fault. As far as they are concerned - and Royal Mail for that matter - they have delivered the tickets to the address that was requested. So as far as they are concerned, they have fulfilled their responsibility - they have delivered the tickets to the address you entered - even if it was entered wrongly. 

Have you tried to speak to the neighbours wife as opposed to him? You may get a better response? 

I'm also guessing that you don't have the best of relationships with the neighbours?

Really do hope that this gets a happy ending!

I hope you get sorted I really do . Your neighbours behaviour does sound bizzare if I get something that isn't ours always post it on or send back and if I signed for something and realise it wasn't for me I'd open it to see what it was. The tickets have picures on can't get my head round what they've done . Just hope for you they've sent them back 

SeeTickets just sent a helpful email, they are following up with Royal Mail to see if they know anything and will hopefully know something by Tuesday.

Hard thing is the neighbour never answers their door (ironic I know) so we leave a note everytime we need to speak to them. When he comes over his wife stays at their door and they talk to each other while I am there but not in English. 

I am hoping that the neighbour did in fact send it back a few days ago and it turns up but I just do not trust them when they can not even remember signing for it.

We found out my partners registration was inputted in wrong a few years back but as I purchased them previously it did not matter and we did not think anything from it. We do feel stupid but we are hoping someone will forgive us and help us out.

4 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Ugh I have seen (not Glastonbury tickets) concert tickets actually marked with a sticker that says 'do not leave with a neighbour!'

Not that it applies in this case as the tickets were delivered to the supplied address - but basically, the Royal Mail policy is that "Signed For" letters can be left with neighbours unless there's explicit instructions otherwise - ie a sticker (available from Royal Mail) on the envelope or on your letterbox.

However they're absolutely not allowed to leave Guaranteed Delivery items with a neighbour etc under any circumstances, so Glastonbury Tickets will (or rather, should) always be returned to the depot if nobody is in.

Really, ticket companies should know better than to send non-cancellable tickets as "signed for".

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Essentially this may be no different to receiving your tickets and then the dog eats them - you have no ticket physically but you, and the festival, can prove you have legitimately purchase entry and are entitled to attend.

Thing is, If the tickets were delivered, the dog ate them, and there was no identifiable trace then See would almost certainly refuse to help - the only chance they'd get involved would be if you had enough of the ticket left that it could be uniquely identified that you could return to them to be swapped out.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Thing is, If the tickets were delivered, the dog ate them, and there was no identifiable trace then See would almost certainly refuse to help - the only chance they'd get involved would be if you had enough of the ticket left that it could be uniquely identified that you could return to them to be swapped out.

True....which is why I think it's for the Festival to review the facts and decide fairly.  See have fulfilled their part of the deal...take it to GFL.

1 hour ago, Staitey said:

SeeTickets just sent a helpful email, they are following up with Royal Mail to see if they know anything and will hopefully know something by Tuesday.

Hard thing is the neighbour never answers their door (ironic I know) so we leave a note everytime we need to speak to them. When he comes over his wife stays at their door and they talk to each other while I am there but not in English. 

I am hoping that the neighbour did in fact send it back a few days ago and it turns up but I just do not trust them when they can not even remember signing for it.

We found out my partners registration was inputted in wrong a few years back but as I purchased them previously it did not matter and we did not think anything from it. We do feel stupid but we are hoping someone will forgive us and help us out.

Whar email address did you use for Seetickets pleaae? I tried emailing them & got a bounceback.

6 hours ago, Jules62 said:

Is there something more to this story than we know? It seems strange that the address you gave was wrong.. wrong number I could understand due to typo but wrong address? then to pay the deposit and not pick up the address was wrong, and again pay the balance and not pick up the address is wrong? Seems a little strange to me

Isn't your address information linked to your registration number?? So your registration must be incorrect as well.  I would double check that so you don't make the same mistake next year.  

I can't recall every putting my address in on Seetickets website in October during the deposit booking and again when paying the balance.  Tickets are always delivered to the lead booker when paying the full balance or the first registration number on the April resale page

9 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Isn't your address information linked to your registration number?? So your registration must be incorrect as well.  I would double check that so you don't make the same mistake next year.  

I can't recall every putting my address in on Seetickets website in October during the deposit booking and again when paying the balance.  Tickets are always delivered to the lead booker when paying the full balance or the first registration number on the April resale page

I agree, which is why this was not double checked.

6 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

image.jpegmine looked like this ..... Images work great when you are struggling with language 

Thanks, luckily I had another one of these for something else which I showed. They just seem oblivious which is why I can't tell if they genuinely do not know what they have done or if they have just thrown it away.

when were they delivered? surely you can go through their bins to find it if they haven't been collected since the delivery.

i'm not sure why the "we might have sent them back" excuse is being entertained. either he did (in which case he had to actually put them in a post box somewhere, which he would remember) or he didn't.

We used  Customercare@seetickets.com

That's great thank you. I'll try emailing them tomorrow if no assistance from Royal Mail. The guy on the telephone yesterday at Seetickets customer service even refused to let me speak to his team leader!

10 minutes ago, LuluC said:

I also have the email address of the CEO at seetickets should you need it

Thanks we have it too and will use it as a last resort.

29 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

when were they delivered? surely you can go through their bins to find it if they haven't been collected since the delivery.

i'm not sure why the "we might have sent them back" excuse is being entertained. either he did (in which case he had to actually put them in a post box somewhere, which he would remember) or he didn't.

I just had a look and do not think it is possible to go through the bins, sauce everywhere! I thought he showed me a bag with just paper in but cannot find it. He said he would go through it but cannot see him doing that.

Id get some rubber gloves and go through that bin. A saucy ticket is better than no ticket! A couple of years ago my ticket got accidently ripped (it was mixed up in some junk mail I was throwing out). After crying my eyes out for an hour at my stupid mistake, I sellotaped it back together and sent a photo of it to the festival office. They sent me back a confirmation email to show the gate staff it was ok for entry and on the day there were no probs! I'm sure they would do the same for one covered in sauce!

good luck. Really hope you find them x

8 minutes ago, Staitey said:

Thanks we have it too and will use it as a last resort.

I just had a look and do not think it is possible to go through the bins, sauce everywhere! I thought he showed me a bag with just paper in but cannot find it. He said he would go through it but cannot see him doing that.

well if it was me, I wouldn't care about a bit of sauce....

9 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Seetickets chosen delivery partner aka Royal Mail, have failed in their job to deliver the tickets to you. That should be enough for them to replace the tickets. Unless of course you have completed one of those forms that allows all mail to be deliver to a neighbour. But the postman should not be delivering specials to a neighbour without your permission. 

Unfortunately as others said the postie is delivering to the correct address (albeit the wrong one that was put down) as they deliver to the address not the name

Edited by dondo

1 hour ago, ejj said:

Id get some rubber gloves and go through that bin. A saucy ticket is better than no ticket! A couple of years ago my ticket got accidently ripped (it was mixed up in some junk mail I was throwing out). After crying my eyes out for an hour at my stupid mistake, I sellotaped it back together and sent a photo of it to the festival office. They sent me back a confirmation email to show the gate staff it was ok for entry and on the day there were no probs! I'm sure they would do the same for one covered in sauce!

good luck. Really hope you find them x

I agree, I have done it before for a passport.

I work for Royal Mail and we are always told to deliver the mail as addressed. I have occasionally spotted wrong addresses and put them through the correct address even though we aren't supposed to but have used common sense on those occasions.

Ok here's my 10p's worth. Special deliveries (the one with the purple sticker on it that see tickets send them by) are very rarely lost. They are meticulously scanned wherever they go and are treat with kid gloves ,because if we don't deliver them by 1pm or they go missing we can get into lots of trouble (even dismissed) 

If they have sent them back they can be traced right back to see tickets,and I know for sure that the envelope will have see tickets address on he back(parliament st Nottingham if memory serves)

look on your emails you've received from see tickets and find your reference number and write it down. Then go on see tickets customer services and put in your ref number and your post code. It should give you the special delivery number which ends in GB. Ring up Royal Mail customer services and tell them whats happened along with your special delivery number and they should be able to tell you if this has been been scanned in,and where it's been scanned in. As far as I'm aware see tickets will have to sign to receive the letter back.

If there's no trace of this it's then obvious that your neighbour hasn't sent it back. Go round with £50 cash and tell them that you'll give it them as a reward if they can look a bit harder. This might involve routing through bins but this depends how desperate you are,ask if you can do this. If they can't understand you find someone who can and tell them that the tickets are of no value to anyone bar who's on the ticket. That's really your only hope.

Bizarre that the neighbours are claiming they 'might' have sent them back, when this must have only been very recent? I can't make my mind up if they're either really stupid, or really clever. If the signature isn't in the neighbours name, I'll go for clever. 

2 hours ago, mr jolly said:

I work for Royal Mail and we are always told to deliver the mail as addressed. I have occasionally spotted wrong addresses and put them through the correct address even though we aren't supposed to but have used common sense on those occasions.

Ok here's my 10p's worth. Special deliveries (the one with the purple sticker on it that see tickets send them by) are very rarely lost. They are meticulously scanned wherever they go and are treat with kid gloves ,because if we don't deliver them by 1pm or they go missing we can get into lots of trouble (even dismissed) 

If they have sent them back they can be traced right back to see tickets,and I know for sure that the envelope will have see tickets address on he back(parliament st Nottingham if memory serves)

look on your emails you've received from see tickets and find your reference number and write it down. Then go on see tickets customer services and put in your ref number and your post code. It should give you the special delivery number which ends in GB. Ring up Royal Mail customer services and tell them whats happened along with your special delivery number and they should be able to tell you if this has been been scanned in,and where it's been scanned in. As far as I'm aware see tickets will have to sign to receive the letter back.

If there's no trace of this it's then obvious that your neighbour hasn't sent it back. Go round with £50 cash and tell them that you'll give it them as a reward if they can look a bit harder. This might involve routing through bins but this depends how desperate you are,ask if you can do this. If they can't understand you find someone who can and tell them that the tickets are of no value to anyone bar who's on the ticket. That's really your only hope.

This is great advise. We are going to wait to hear back from Royal Mail and SeeTickets tomorrow and if nothing has been found we will offer them cash to find it.

43 minutes ago, SG87 said:

Bizarre that the neighbours are claiming they 'might' have sent them back, when this must have only been very recent? I can't make my mind up if they're either really stupid, or really clever. If the signature isn't in the neighbours name, I'll go for clever. 

This is why I do not trust them. He said he posted a bunch of them back on Thursday but cannot recall the letter example I showed him.