Glastonbury Drinking Tour

DeanoSimmo

(Apologies if this has already been done!)

There are so many endless drinking possibilities at Glastonbury but I'm sure over the last few years we always end up at the same few places.

Therefore, to shake up our traditional pre live music routine (which usually consists of healing fields massages, stone circle chilling and general aimless but wonderful wanderings) we have decided that Wednesday or Thursday will be dedicated to the exploration of the finest drinking establishments Glastonbury has to offer!

Please post your favourite festival drinking venue, be it large, small, well known, secret, alcoholic or non (for all those festival milk drinkers!) along with the location and a reason why you love it!

Personal Favourite: Stonebridge Bar - The Park, for its extra special music offerings and extra friendly bar staff (although the last one is usually accurate at any Glastonbury bar!

Muchos Gracias and Happy Festivities to ALL! XX

Pennards organic wine just down from avalon and tiny tea tent a few doors down for the non booze drinkers, warning there are numerous market stalls near by which are ever more appealing after lots of booze,

47 minutes ago, DeanoSimmo said:

(Apologies if this has already been done!)

There are so many endless drinking possibilities at Glastonbury but I'm sure over the last few years we always end up at the same few places.

Therefore, to shake up our traditional pre live music routine (which usually consists of healing fields massages, stone circle chilling and general aimless but wonderful wanderings) we have decided that Wednesday or Thursday will be dedicated to the exploration of the finest drinking establishments Glastonbury has to offer!

Please post your favourite festival drinking venue, be it large, small, well known, secret, alcoholic or non (for all those festival milk drinkers!) along with the location and a reason why you love it!

Personal Favourite: Stonebridge Bar - The Park, for its extra special music offerings and extra friendly bar staff (although the last one is usually accurate at any Glastonbury bar!

Muchos Gracias and Happy Festivities to ALL! XX

There's a thread with a map where they marked a circuit here

all well and good - except if its the Wednesday you will not find all the Bars Open.

The Bars will open when they believe there will be enough demand to keep them open.

The WBC has not released the staffing list so far so I cant say which will be open on the  Wednesday

Avalon also stagger their times/dates and that should be in the next briefing pack.

as to the others well I don't have a clue.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I love all of these (And more besides!)

1. Bimble Inn, the Park

2. Avalon Inn, Avalon

3. Bar at the Acoustic

4. Brothers Bar, West Holts

Ooh, man after my own heart. Love the Avalon Inn for style and atmosphere; that great real ale bar by the Acoustic for beer choice; and the Brothers Bar for first pint of the day (which is always cider for me - I've heard it on good medical authority that this is the best drink to start your day with, festival or not!)

Must give the Bimble more love this year though, and determined to be a nuisance to the Stonebridge too

Sorry to be negative but does anyone else reckon the Park Bar is the crappiest bar on site?

I need to check out this bar at the top of the Park though, sounds great. Do you get a free pint for making it up there?

Edited by cammie81

4 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Sorry to be negative but does anyone else reckon the Park Bar is the crappiest bar on site?

I need to check out this bar at the top of the Park though, sounds great. Do you get a free pint for making it up there?

Must admit I wasn't too impressed with the Park Bar last year. Surly staff and didn't take to their rather gassy 'beer'. Odd, considering the fantastic competition around it (Stonebridge, Bimble, etc.), maybe this year they'll raise their game!

No free pint up in Trickett's Bar sadly, but a great idea - free one for the first customer of the day (unless they've just come *down* from Worthy View of course!)

2 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

all well and good - except if its the Wednesday you will not find all the Bars Open.

The Bars will open when they believe there will be enough demand to keep them open.

The WBC has not released the staffing list so far so I cant say which will be open on the  Wednesday

Avalon also stagger their times/dates and that should be in the next briefing pack.

as to the others well I don't have a clue.

I'd of thought they would have more trade on Thursday and Friday as there is no Main Stages to draw the punters away

50 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

I'd of thought they would have more trade on Thursday and Friday as there is no Main Stages to draw the punters away

The Original Question Mentioned Wednesday and Thursday - By Friday they will all be open but they will be staggered over Wednesday and Thursday due to staffing limitations which may affect Avalon more than the WBC - most of the main WBC Bars will be open on Wednesday but not all of them - by Thursday all the WBC Bars will be open but they will not send out the list until far closer to the event.I know that Avalon closed down one bar last year on the Thursday due to lack of trade so I doubt that will open until Friday.

4 hours ago, devonhammer said:

Avalon Inn worth a visit. I like the area for a chill-out and the structure of it is excellent.

AroundTheFestivalSiteFriday-Glastonbury2

Love the avalon inn. Spent a lot of time there with my girlfriend chatting to a whole lot of random people on the Wednesday/Thursday (can't remember which)