Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

53 minutes ago, LuluC said:

Aw thanx. Just hoping Glasto Fest will be sympathetic if tickets can't be found. I will have lots of proof of everything I have done 2 try 2 track tickets down!

Have you contacted them to get the ball rolling ?  I'm really feeling for you, they must be somewhere and somewhere together. 

I would advise getting in contact now as they can get extremely busy the week of the festival and the week before. At least if you find them you can just let them know, would be better to start the process just incase :) 

Edited by Lucy92

I have been down in person every day. The envelopes are stuck somewhere at this end and haven't reached their destinations i think. I could understand one getting lost in post on the way but not two to opposite ends of the country. I have cried, pleaded for assistance and whilst everyone has been very helpful the envelopes have not been found yet!

8 hours ago, LuluC said:

Yes thats where i go everyday. I have found out they left the post office but no evidence they reached the sorting office!

Is there a chance they could have been stolen, then? Worth getting the police involved? 

I have just had a reply from Glasto stating thaT Per the terms and conditions of sale, Glastonbury Festival tickets cannot be reissued or replaced if lost or stolen; and the Festival operates a strict no  ticket no entry policy, so you must have your physical tickets in order to gain access to the site.

All they can advise is that I continue to keep an eye out at the respective post offices, as I have sent them under a signed for service the Royal Mail have an obligation to locate these items for me.

Help! What do i do next????!!!!

So we know they left the Post Office, because they were in a bag and signed for by the guy collecting them.

Were they scanned at the local Sorting Office?

If not then they must have been lost in the van or stolen by the driver.

If they were scanned at the local sorting office then they must be there somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

So we know they left the Post Office, because they were in a bag and signed for by the guy collecting them.

Were they scanned at the local Sorting Office?

If not then they must have been lost in the van or stolen by the driver.

If they were scanned at the local sorting office then they must be there somewhere. 

Unfortunately as they were sent Signed for as opposed to Special Delivery they only get scanned on delivery at the doorstep so don't get scanned into the sorting office.

2 hours ago, LuluC said:

Help! What do i do next????!!!!

You've been to the post office where the letters went into the mail. They've confirmed they were picked up and signed for.

You now need to go in person to your local sorting office and enquire there. Get them to ask the postman who collected the mail from the post office.

Glasto Fest are refusing 2 help @ mo & saying lost & stolen tickets can't be replaced and without paper tickets we won't be able to enter. I have had the most awful week & no one is helping. Went to the mail centre & they refused 2 search office stating the centre was way too big with hundreds of mail bags! I'm at my wits end!! Just don't know what to do next. Will go & report as stolen on Monday. Its so unfair! When i went to the post office they gave me 2 options either signed for or guaranteed by 1pm nxt day.  As i didn't need them to be there nxt day I chose the former not knowing until afterwards that they don't get scanned in til they are signed for. I have also found out tickets are not covered by Royal Mail's compensation scheme if sent signed for. It gets worse & worse every day!! :-( :-( :-(

I have nothing to add to the advice that's been given but I really hope you get this sorted out.

I hope you manage to relax a bit sometime this evening/weekend and enjoy some cake, wine, wine and cake or whatever it is you enjoy xx

Thank you everyone. I am frantic now & more & more of the opinion they won't be found & we won't be going :-( :-( Does anyone have a phone number for Glasto Fest? I may get more joy if I plead with them. This is really getting me down & I'm blaming myself when i sent them as per the info i was given!

3 minutes ago, LuluC said:

Thank you everyone. I am frantic now & more & more of the opinion they won't be found & we won't be going :-( :-( Does anyone have a phone number for Glasto Fest? I may get more joy if I plead with them. This is really getting me down & I'm blaming myself when i sent them as per the info i was given!

I'd take this further with Royal Mail as its their error. Is there a number there you can call and complain?