Tickets sent to friends lost in post

LuluC

I received my party's tickets last week and posted them on to them via 1st Class Signed For last Thurs via Royal Mail. The tickets have still not arrived.

I have taken the matter up with both the post office and Royal Mail but so far they are unable to trace the two envelopes. 

I have also spoken to See Tickets who have said they can't reissue the tickets. However, I do have a photograph of all the tickets.

How do we gain access to the fesivsl please? I have a record of the ticket numbers and all our registration details.

Based on what;'s happened in previous years, you really need to hope that Royal Mail find the tickets. I'd be back in that same post office every day until they sort it.

As far as See are concerned, you signed for the tickets they sent you, and what happens beyond that is your responsibility - they really don't like reissuing tickets, basically because once a ticket is issued, there's no effective mechanism by which it can be cancelled as there's no barcode scanning etc.

You could try E-Mailing the Festival Office but at this point I suspect they'll just refer you to Seetickets.

If the worst happens, you could turn up to the Festival anyway and plead your case at the nearest enquiries cabin (there's one next to each of the 4 main pedestrian gates) - having the ticket numbers+photos, and having you present with your ticket which was on the same order and also getting a letter or something from Royal Mail that confirms they've definitely lost them may help your case at that point but I still wouldn't be hugely confident - the enquiries cabin staff do have a lot more leeway to make decisions than Seetickets staff, but they've still been known to be pretty strict in the past about lost tickets with only a handful of reported successes.

Obviously they must have got lost before they got split up at the depot - can the post office tell you whether or not they definitely left their premises? Or whether they've had any other reports of problems from that same days mail?

It's certainly not unheard of for them to misplace something only for it to arrive a week later so hopefully that's the case here and it all gets sorted well ahead of the Festival. Can't imagine how painful it must be in the meantime though.

I only managed to speak to them.on the phone today but they say they have proof they were picked up by Royal Mail.on Thursday. I am going into the post office tomorrow to ask for it. Is it worth me tweeting Glasto or emailing them. If so do you know what the email address is?

1 minute ago, neff said:

I assume you sent them by Recorded Delivery or some other tracked delivery? 

The OP says she sent then 1st Class signed for.

This doesn't help the OP, but if anyone else is planning to sent tickets, please realise that Signed For (the orange sticker) is just normal first class with a signature on delivery - it gets you nothing special and it isn't tracked en route. If you want you letter or parcel tracked you have to shell out for Special Delivery (the silver sticker) which is how your tickets arrived from See.

LuluC - I hope your tickets turn up. 

Every year this happens, without fail......I feel so bad for you :( If it's any consolation, most of the posts on here by people in similar positions over the years indicate that the majority of 'lost' tickets eventually turn up. But it seems you need to be persistent at both ends and insist the Royal Mail search their depots properly.

I'd email the festival office and see what they advise. Nothing See can/will do now.

Fingers crossed they turn up for you. Such a worry! xx

That's great, thank you.

Have just been to Post Office. They showed me the signed sheet from the driver who picked up the post last Thurs and my letters were on it. They r going 2 speak 2 the driver 2day 2 ask him 2 check his van & wherever he delivered them to.

I'm sure I read on here last year about someone who had the exact same problem, and were told the exact same thing by the post office. Eventually the person went into the post office that they were despatched from and kicked up holy hell until they eventually done a thorough search of the sorting room and lo and behold found the tickets. I think the best advice is to be annoyed, loud and don't take no for an answer. 

Best of luck and I hope you get sorted out.

6 hours ago, GlastoLuvvinJock said:

I'm sure I read on here last year about someone who had the exact same problem, and were told the exact same thing by the post office. Eventually the person went into the post office that they were despatched from and kicked up holy hell until they eventually done a thorough search of the sorting room and lo and behold found the tickets. I think the best advice is to be annoyed, loud and don't take no for an answer. 

Best of luck and I hope you get sorted out.

You did. I read that too. It had a happy ending :-)