Work days to go / Time off for festival?

neil_d

56 minutes ago, pehaw said:

Finish work on the 17th June after 22 years here :D....

Taking voluntary redundancy and get a nice pay off. Already have another job lined up but that doesn't start till August 15th so I have two monrths off. Get in.

Plenty of time to recover then!  

I finish on the tuesday and back in following wednesday. Got 9 days left at work, and plenty to do... No motivation... Argh!! 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 9 shifts left. 4 of which will be spent taking a resident on holiday to Pontins in Prestatyn so I'm not sure if that constitutes a holiday for me.

I'm off until the Friday after the festival, which does not seem not nearly long enough to recover! These days I can't bounce back from heavy weekends like I used to.  I would consider taking it easier this year, but I've been saying that for the past 3 years and every time I've ended up a spectacular mess for the entire weekend. 

9 Days and counting, didn't realise it was creeping up that fast :D

Two days off Mon / Tues after, hopefully I will have recovered by then and I'm not suffering with the Glasto blues

like last year (suspect I will though!!!)

9 working days left,  leaving straight after work on Tuesday.   This will be the shortest break I've ever taken so 1st day back is going to be hard.   I usually allow myself a week off after to adjust back but this year it is just one day.  Currently trying to decide on my out of office message that won't get me sacked.   New boss with no sense of humour. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently read this article which I highly recommend, (I'll provide the link below) which goes through different ways to overcome a hangover, I actually recommend trying Milk Thistle, as a student it works to help me overcome copious alcohol consumption and helps me to recover for sports and exams etc I'll thoroughly recommend checking it out...

http://brain-feed.com/beat-the-festival-recovery-comedown/