Work days to go / Time off for festival?

neil_d

7 left for me, although 4 of them will be 14 hour shits, bleurgh! But need the extra cash as it's going to be an expensive time off. Last day is next Thursday, then off to Dublin for a pre-birthday weekend with friends, my actual 30th on the Monday, then Glastonbury the Wednesday - so I expect a very drunken time before back to work on the 1st July :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more shifts for me. Just got home from one. A long night shift tonight into Thursday & and a cheeky short one (though extremely busy) on Saturday. Should be home by about 9pm.

Then I'm off for 23 days & it's only costing me 11 days leave :)

Don't be jealous. I work my arse off.

6 hours ago, SG87 said:

10 :(

Stop on the Tuesday, drive from Glasgow to Glastonbury early Wednesday morning.

Drive home to Glasgow on the Monday after the festival, back to work on the Tuesday. 

Feel hungover just reading that back.

Ouch. That is all

10 working days including today, as I need to work on the Saturday before the festival.  Travelling down on the Tuesday, so just knowing it's now less than two weeks is a very good feeling!

33 minutes ago, Mardy said:

6 more days at work, then fly to the uk on the 18th, very early in the morning. I'm on the final lap of a long difficult working year. Hooray!

You can do it Mardy , it's nearly here :-) sorry to hear it's been a crap one, all that will be forgotten in 2 weeks time. 

Edited by Funkyfairy!

17 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

You can do it Mardy , it's nearly here :-) sorry to here it's been a crap one, all that will be forgotten in 2 weeks time. 

Cheers mate. it's alright really, I love my job, just I've had to take on loads of extra work cos of the exchange rate tanking. But hey, fuck it, I survived, it's all good and I'm about to have 3 months holiday. I really can't moan. (except for th fact that I don't get to go on work trips to hot sunny tropical islands ;) )

8 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Cheers mate. it's alright really, I love my job, just I've had to take on loads of extra work cos of the exchange rate tanking. But hey, fuck it, I survived, it's all good and I'm about to have 3 months holiday. I really can't moan. (except for th fact that I don't get to go on work trips to hot sunny tropical islands ;) )

Yeah yeah good point well made :-) . 

I need to be put in a line up against a wall and shot for my use of here / hear in my post to you  .... F}#} me, that was bad, blaming it on spellcheck but what a dork ! 

I'll trade you 3 months holiday for a work trip to the sun any day ! Enjoy 

After finishing today, I'll have 5 days left to work. Mon - Fri next week. I'm off tomorrow and Friday because I'm going to Nos Primavera Sound in Porto, then I'm off Monday 20th because of a friend's wedding on the 19th. Don't see much point in going in on the 21st but I might pop in for a few hours (so maybe 5 and a half days left!) I'm off until Wednesday 29th but might come back on the 28th depending on how I feel...

9 days of work left including today, as off for the England v Wales game and working upto and including the Tuesday before.

Booked the Monday and Tuesday off afterwards. Would like longer but another nipper is on the way later in the year so need to show a bit of willing towards that.

Finish work on the 17th June after 22 years here :D....

Taking voluntary redundancy and get a nice pay off. Already have another job lined up but that doesn't start till August 15th so I have two monrths off. Get in.