Work days to go / Time off for festival?

neil_d

I now have 7 work days left between now and Glastonbury (next Thursday off for the football, last day on the Friday).

I'm taking two weeks leave for festival, so that I can head down to the town on Monday (in time to see the football!) and have several days of recovery (plus going to more gigs) afterwards.

How much work do you have left until the festivities can begin? And do you take an extended break like me, or back to the grind on the Monday/Tuesday?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 Shifts including the one I'm on now and break up Friday morning after my last night shift

10 :(

Stop on the Tuesday, drive from Glasgow to Glastonbury early Wednesday morning.

Drive home to Glasgow on the Monday after the festival, back to work on the Tuesday. 

Feel hungover just reading that back.

Edited by SG87

10 (working a rare Saturday next week). Off to the festival Tues 21st, back to work Weds 28th. I definitely need at least 1 recovery day! ;) 

Would love to make it a longer holiday though and not sure why I don't do this really! The idea of stretching out the festivities with gigs either side is brilliant. That's got to help with both the pre-Glasto excitement AND post-Glasto blues ay? Next year then....

6 shifts left.

Off Thursday and Friday as I'm watching AC/DC in Manchester. Then finish on Friday. Stone Roses on the Sunday. So booked Monday Tuesday off. Back in the following Friday. Last year I booked all week after Glastonbury off and the comedown ran well into the weekend. Hopefully being back in work will bring a bit or normality back into proceedings 

Hard to say. I'm a self employed software developer these days. All I know is that I'll stop working Monday 20th and arrive  in the CV field Tuesday.  I'll ease myself back in to work the following Tuesday by replying to an email or two. Maybe do another couple of hours Wednesday and gradually build up until I can face a full day.

9 days left at work and I'll be off Wednesday-Wednesday, so a good few days recovery after the festival.

It's a pain because we're going through the whole exam boards process and it's the most hellish time of the year. We have about a week to process all of the marks for every student in Humanities, have them moderated by external examiners and get their results back to them.  Glastonbury is a pretty big carrot right now! 

Finish a week on Monday, back to work the following Wednesday for two days then out to Portugal for a week to really recover...... Role on the festival now..... I feel like every night is Christmas Eve now I am getting that excited..... 

9 days left in work for me. For some silly reason I've not booked Monday before the festival off :blink:

Actually only just figured that I've got just 10 work days left in the whole of June. Off to Lisbon for NOS Alive the week after returning from Glasto :D

Edited by kaytee...

4 x 12 hr shifts to go including tonight (finish Saturday morning). Week off (getting camper ready and fishing) then off to CV fields Tuesday morning. Go home on Monday 27th, back at work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night then another week off for some barbel fishing on the Wye with Dad.