Worthy View Car Park Passes

phillyfaddle

12 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I've never used a satnav or map (once past Street) the signs are pretty good and if in doubt follow your nose! 

See tickets e mailed today and said that the car pass would be sent imminently. Had a look at bing maps for the area, there sure is a myriad of lanes to get lost in after leaving the main road from Glastonbury town!  Hopefully well signed . 

I am sure I will find it!  Hope this doesn't sound stereotypical but I have a mental image of country bumpkins wearing smocks and chewing on a piece of straw sitting on gates directing me, a highland invader, down narrow lanes!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would it not be quicker to completely avoid Glastonbury town?

from the west, take the Berhill turn off the A39 before Street, and follow the road down to Reynalds Way, and then onto the A37 which is south of the site and the quickest way into WV?

no need to be going anywhere near Glastonbury town coming from the east/north.

Edited by ghostdancer1

9 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

You must have excellent spider sense :-) My friend who drove to WV from Glasto town centre in 2014, got very lost indeed in the lanes. But hopefully the signs will be good this year.

Ha, no but literally follow my nose if in doubt - straight on! There is usually the odd bod on junctions to point you on. It is always further than you think. Third year in WV bell tent this year - can't wait!

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

See tickets e mailed today and said that the car pass would be sent imminently. Had a look at bing maps for the area, there sure is a myriad of lanes to get lost in after leaving the main road from Glastonbury town!  Hopefully well signed . 

I am sure I will find it!  Hope this doesn't sound stereotypical but I have a mental image of country bumpkins wearing smocks and chewing on a piece of straw sitting on gates directing me, a highland invader, down narrow lanes!!

More likely to be stewards in orange jackets! There are sporadic arrows and if in doubt keep going!  

20 hours ago, mandolin said:

Anyone know the WV postcode please?  We'll be coming from the east side (via Shepton Mallet-ish) and are trying to find our best route.  Will any roads around there be closed off or is that only nearer the site?

Yes - I posted it in this thread earlier: BA4 6TR will get you to within 100 yards.

7 hours ago, Tent Peg said:

See Tickets are still saying they're waiting for the carpark tickets to arrive with them! They're definitely cutting it fine with just over one week to go.

Yeah, website says "waiting to arrive", but their email responses to my queries say "in stock will be despatched very soon" - I reckon they'll be sent out tomorrow and we'll get them midweek. Hopefully. :-/

37 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Pushing it a bit aren't they only 9 days 

I think it's going down to the wire. Saw a tweet today from 'AJ' at See to someone chasing WV car park passes, saying they'd be sent out "later this week" once all the festival tickets had been dispatched...!!!!! Have since tweeted WV to ask whether they will accept a copy of the order confirmation email for entry into the car park if the passes don't arrive in time. No-one has responded as yet.

4 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

I think it's going down to the wire. Saw a tweet today from 'AJ' at See to someone chasing WV car park passes, saying they'd be sent out "later this week" once all the festival tickets had been dispatched...!!!!! Have since tweeted WV to ask whether they will accept a copy of the order confirmation email for entry into the car park if the passes don't arrive in time. No-one has responded as yet.

Not much use if it arrives early next week, we are leaving on Sunday to travel down and have a few days in the area before heading for the festival . Surely they would accept the confirmation e mail with details of car park paid? A big organisation such as see tickets should be able to cope with the distribution of festival tickets. It's not as if they havnt been aware for months of the time constraints 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not much use if it arrives early next week, we are leaving on Sunday to travel down and have a few days in the area before heading for the festival . Surely they would accept the confirmation e mail with details of car park paid? A big organisation such as see tickets should be able to cope with the distribution of festival tickets. It's not as if they havnt been aware for months of the time constraints 

They've also got other gigs to despatch to which are this weekend - they haven't finished doing Coldplay and Stone Roses yet. Cutting everything fine by the looks of it!

29 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

The drivers in my party still waiting for theirs. pretty poor show as they were ordered months ago.

I spoke to SEE again this morning as still waiting for our Festival tickets as well as our car park tickets. Everything being sent out this week apparently (never had an issue with SEE before but I can see why they get a lot of bad reviews now). Also the % tracker seems to have stopped working unless they didn't post any yesterday, been stuck on 74% for 24 hours now my end

24 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

I spoke to SEE again this morning as still waiting for our Festival tickets as well as our car park tickets. Everything being sent out this week apparently (never had an issue with SEE before but I can see why they get a lot of bad reviews now). Also the % tracker seems to have stopped working unless they didn't post any yesterday, been stuck on 74% for 24 hours now my end

They do seem particularly useless this year as the lateness is causing severe anxiety. My group is worried. I'm collecting my ticket on the coach so I don't have to get worried until next wednesday. 

same shit like last year. didn't receive the car pass as we travelled to the south a few days before the festival. so, for international guests they're just too late - again this year. so, you need to pay another car pass at the worthy view parking, that's no problem. then they gave me the address to send it back and to receive the money again. but yeah, kept it as it looked good on my car at home ;-)

3 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Can you buy Worthy View car park passes on site like the regular car parks?

I definitely won't be paying on the day. If SEE don't deliver then they should accept the e-mail confirmation as that confirms car parking also

1 minute ago, Smash1984 said:

I definitely won't be paying on the day. If SEE don't deliver then they should accept the e-mail confirmation as that confirms car parking also

It does seem ridiculous to leave it to the last moinute to sort this out. I'm sure for the majority of people it will be fine and everything will turn up, but one look at these boards show that there is room for a small but significant number of errors.

1 minute ago, beatlemania said:

yes you can. and yeah, smash1984, that's what I thought myself. but they didn't accept it. so... didn't want to start our glasto experience with a word fight :-)

That's good to know. If worse comes to the worst then my group can still park up.