EU Referendum Results - who's going to be playing when the result is announced!

cheesey_toastie

Not really an issue for the organisers to let the crowds know as i'm sure anyone interested with a smart phone will know the result but I wonder who will be on stage of the Pyramid as the result comes in?

Seems no-one knows how long the count will take http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7588 .. could be during someone's act!

Had a awful dream last night in which Chris Martin was on the pyramid stage  and coldplay had written a special song to commemorate the remain victory. They had images of our smiling illustrious leader in the background grinning away and where firing remain glitter bombs out into the crowd.

Blurgh.... woke up with sick in my throat.

9 minutes ago, chestwig said:

Had a awful dream last night in which Chris Martin was on the pyramid stage  and coldplay had written a special song to commemorate the remain victory. They had images of our smiling illustrious leader in the background grinning away and where firing remain glitter bombs out into the crowd.

Blurgh.... woke up with sick in my throat.

God that sounds awful.

Could only be worsened by an Adele ballad saying goodbye to the EU (love of her life), stood before images of Boris Johnson clad in a Union Jack :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

well seeing as the vote is on Thursday, no-one will be on the Pyramid!

as it's probably going to be close, it will likely be well into the early hours before a definite idea of which way it has gone.

Announced Friday when acts will be playing sitewide

im gonna go all in and say evening result during ZZ Top's set

1 hour ago, mungo57 said:

Announced Friday when acts will be playing sitewide

im gonna go all in and say evening result during ZZ Top's set

barring an extraordinarily close result, it will be known and called well before the Pyramid stage even starts on Friday.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/electoral-commission-eu-referendum-result-time-and-timetable-2016-6

The Electoral Commission — the independent body responsible for overseeing elections in Britain — estimates that we will likely discover the result of the referendum on Friday, June 24 at around 6.00 a.m. BST.

Once voting closes on June 23, counting will get underway through the night at 382 regional centres across the country. Three-quarters of these are expected to have declared by 4.00 a.m. GMT the following morning.

However, if the result is close — which is a possibility given the unpredictable nature of recent opinion polls — then we should expect to have a clear idea of the outcome closer to 6.00 a.m.

image.jpg

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

will there not be a prompt exit poll like the general election which proved to be accurate ? so 10pm then ?

Nah, those exit polls are dependent on only having to sample seats that are at risk of changing hands, hence why they work out fairly accurately.

They'll be able to get a decent feel for it, but if it's close then it'll be hard to call.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

Nah, those exit polls are dependent on only having to sample seats that are at risk of changing hands, hence why they work out fairly accurately.

They'll be able to get a decent feel for it, but if it's close then it'll be hard to call.

cheers for the info :)

13 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Oh no, what are you suggesting...as they play this:

lol not necessarily - I just meant that some areas might take longer to count than others and it may drag on into the evening, particularly if its close run.

Thinking about it we should really know by the time James kick things off on the Other Stage - but it may drag on. I want to find out ASAP so I can just get it out my mind however we vote and get on with getting royally Gillespied

14 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

barring an extraordinarily close result, it will be known and called well before the Pyramid stage even starts on Friday.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/electoral-commission-eu-referendum-result-time-and-timetable-2016-6

image.jpg

Love that the only place this seems to exist is on an Australian website. 

17 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

will there not be a prompt exit poll like the general election which proved to be accurate ? so 10pm then ?

There are no official exit polls taking place so you won't have an early indication. However Britain’s hedge fund industry are commissioning private exit polls to get an early warning of the result so it depends if those get leaked to the press. I suspect they won't though do to the financial instability a sudden announcement might create.

The result will become clearer in the early hours with the final result around breakfast time. So somewhere in the SE Corner might be able to announce it around 3-4am potentially if it's clear one side is way ahead.

Edited by Keithy