Tell me your stories

NadineL

Hey guys! 

I'm going to quite a few festivals this year as I'm writing for a short online magazine about the uks nightlife. I was want to hear any really memorable things that have taken place at a festival, I'm writing an article attempting to break the stereotype that festivals are just one big piss up and you're better off staying at home. I think festivals are more than just getting waved and messy. Well they are for me anyway. So if anyone has any contributions I would really appreciate it. You'd just have to tell me the most memorable event that's ever happened, privacy can me maintained and anything else you don't want people to know.

all types of contributions welcome 

On 6/4/2016 at 10:57 AM, NadineL said:

Hey guys! 

I'm going to quite a few festivals this year as I'm writing for a short online magazine about the uks nightlife. I was want to hear any really memorable things that have taken place at a festival, I'm writing an article attempting to break the stereotype that festivals are just one big piss up and you're better off staying at home. I think festivals are more than just getting waved and messy. Well they are for me anyway. So if anyone has any contributions I would really appreciate it. You'd just have to tell me the most memorable event that's ever happened, privacy can me maintained and anything else you don't want people to know.

all types of contributions welcome 

My boyfriend and I found ourselves wandering around the arena after the bands had finished, I'd lost my phone so was trying to find it (by some miracle actually did...) but during the search we found a few £20/£10/£1s shorts shorts of it we came home with quite a bit of spare change. We were off our rockers but it was SUCH fun

I've made a facebook page to gather stories and memories similar to the ones above. Would love you all to contribute anecdotes. The page is at https://www.facebook.com/3dayweekender/

I'm sure it's fine to lift the anecdotes for your story, just let me know so I can tell the author and post a link to it on my page.

This year I'm offering a free early entry to whoever tells me the best story so if that sweetens the deal for any of you, head on over :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The girlfriend wanted to see Charlie XCX so we went and I ended up chatting to a say 30-40 year old metal head, and when the song about crashing cars into bridges, you know, that one everyone knows, he was just jamming to it, it was great to see. Singing along he was. Thats what makes festivals, the atmosphere, which is made up from the people, how everyone is just so chilled and anyone can talk to anyone, and then of course the music, then the drinking and getting off your face on ket of course. :)