The stone roses

weeksy97

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Lot of love for them on here isn't there.. :lol:

For anyone who is arsed there was a journalist from round here last night who is very in the know with them and usually right on twitter, posting about the new album; saying it's great and it is on the way

Someone else has been saying that regarding artwork. Who's the journalist?

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Someone else has been saying that regarding artwork. Who's the journalist?

Forget his name I'll double check later, he has since deleted the tweets (probably arseholed and shouldn't be saying anything) but he is well connected with them and usually right

20 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am going to see them at Wembley mate. It is idiots like me, you and others on here who will graft like fuck, do untold hours of overtime to pay for such trips, while they are lording it up at thire farm houses in France.

It just sickens me to hear they won't play the festival because it does not pay enough. That kind of attitude goes against everything they represented.

Just look at their lemon logo, it is the symbol that represents them. Yet they pinched it from all the students who were rioting in France during the civil unrest of 68 (they sucked on Lemons to nullify the effects of tear gas).

The students were protesting against capitapism and consumerism. Yet here are the Roses using that same symbol for their own benefit. Here they are using that anti capitalist logo in an effort to get £80 a pop out of us to hear them sing the same songs. It is just totally disgusting imo. 

After all the bollocks they have talked over the years it is a real kick in the bollocks.

To put it into context. Here are these 4 turning their noses up at 400 grand. Even after paying the tax man and expenses, if they still pocketed 40 grand each for 90 minutes work, it is not bad going. 40 grand is a life changing amount for most of us. Then you have someone like Tony Wilson who achieved far more than the Stone Roses. The poor bastard died of cancer at an early age. He could not afford to pay for drugs which could have extended his life. He created history not money. The Roses have the chance to create history on top of all the money they have earnt. Yet the greedy bastards still want more.

At least the Pistols admitted what they were doing. The Roses are just full of shit.

Its not the beach under their paving stones, it is all the cash they are hoarding and that goes against every principal that little lemon symbol is meant to represent.

I know what you mean. When the Hampden/Wembley tickets when on sale, I questioned myself (only for a minute or two mind) over whether I can justify paying all of that money, for the same gig again. I just come to the same conclusions every time though.

What if they decided to jack it in again? I waited all of them years to see them and I should take every opportunity I can now. Why wouldn't I want to see one of my favourite bands ever play 20 songs I love more than most (and still listen to a lot)?  Them are the reasons I still justify paying it. Maybe I am an idiot thinking like this.

The Leeds announcement was something I couldn't resist though. Only seen them at T in the Park, Glasgow Green and the Etihad, so a chance to see them in a much smaller venue with much better sound is something I couldn't miss.

I agree with most of what's written above ^^ :) but, like secondary ticketing sites, as long as the demand is there they will continue. Knock out a few gigs per year and reap the rewards, why would you not? And I'm not judging as I'll be at Wembley next year having previously been to Heaton and Finsbury Parks.

Not doing Glastonbury is however odd, after the cancelled gig bitd, you would think it would be something they wanted to do whilst they were on top of it, which they still are, just. The payday thing seems odd, even though I can imagine the financial difference, they did the Warrington gig for nothing, for true fans, its not like they don't have some sentiment? Or do they view the modern festival as something to be treated with contempt?

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Looks like they're not doing IOW after all then.

Interesting, so are they not doing festivals at all next year? IOW is definitely out, T isn't happening, V would be highly unlikely, Bestival no chance... Reading/Leeds is a possibility but would seem odd that they'd announce a gig at Leeds arena if they were coming back a couple of months later to do the festival.

Edited by Hugh Jass

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Interesting, so are they not doing festivals at all next year? IOW is definitely out, T isn't happening, V would be highly unlikely, Bestival no chance... Reading/Leeds is a possibility but would seem odd that they'd announce a gig at Leeds arena if they were coming back a couple of months later to do the festival.

I was just going to post virtually the same post.

Electric Picnic? That T in the Park replacement?

Odd one.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

17 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

I was just going to post virtually the same post.

Electric Picnic? That T in the Park replacement?

Odd one.

Already doing a big Scotland gig so any time replacement is out anyway.

6 hours ago, mufcok said:

Surprised at that, interesting now to see if they do end up doing a festival..

I doubt it, I bet it was going to be Glasto only unless V have got them back.

I can see now them coming back in 19 and Glasto eventually booking them alongside more Manchester shows.

Edited by thewayiam

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Tour manager with another act saying it's them or Emily Eavis saying it's not?

You pays yer money...

I agree with what you're saying, the chances are strongly against them playing, he tour managed skunk over the last 4/5 years all over world......he's now finished managing the Ronan Keating, maybe that's why he's no longer in the loop for info

On 13/12/2016 at 0:37 PM, Badlands said:

There was a lot of love for All For One by those who'd heard it pre-release. 

I'd be lying if I said I was excited for any new music now. Even Beautiful Thing only got about half a dozen plays.

I must be the only one who really liked both singles. Really looking forward to the album.