The stone roses

weeksy97

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Hope so and hope I'm wrong but thinking the distance and logistics rule it out.  If London on 24th I'd be more positive.

Not sure why the distance and logistics would be in any way a problem in this case. Every year plenty of acts have shows either the night before or the night after they play the Festival that are much further away than Glasgow.

A couple off the top of my head.. Bring Me The Horizon played the Friday this year, and then had a show in Canada on the Saturday. A couple of years ago The Libertines played, and then followed it up with a show in Russia the next night.

26 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I suspected a shift change - a lot of them sorta things change over at 7pm.

Im not moaning, I got 4's so I am happy enough.

Do you work for Hills then? I used to work for Coral back in the day but I love a punt now and again, mainly nags but sometimes do the G market if we feel on here we have good info :P

Yep I have the pleasure. 

Adele paid for my ticket last year, il be hoping to scalp something this year if Stan James are stupid enough to offer betting on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights

Edited by Mezhyp1

35 minutes ago, russycarps said:

You've never seen a band in London before I'm guessing!

Nothing can be as bad as that Etihad gig mate. Was not enjoyable in the slightest

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'm going to go for Glasto as I'm not bothered enough about the new stuff I have heard for Wembley but to tick them off at Glasto. 

I am just gonna go Wembley for the Craic mate. Would have rather have gone Belfast but my mate wants to go London

28 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I'm going to Glasgow over Wembley. Atmosphere will be 100% better.

You not going for Glasto tickets mate?

Didnt get to Etihad but my mates who went reckons the crowd was mental.

I'll get a Glasgow ticket if I fail with the G tickets and get them off Twickets closer to the time.

Wonder if they have a new album out, and whether it'll have All For One and Beautiful Thing on. Hardly been near All For One since it was released, and the other one hasn't really been much of a grower either.

2 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I was there for the Saturday and it was magical. Maybe it depends where you were and what night.

I went on the Saturday. Was about a 1/4 of the way back from the stage, just on the lhs. Was full of absolute bell ends banging about.

Heath Park was magical, Etihad was crap in comparison. Hopefully Wembley will be better. Not a chance I am going that near the front next time. I did not want to go there at the Etihad but was out voted.

43 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yep I have the pleasure. 

Adele paid for my ticket last year, il be hoping to scalp something this year if Stan James are stupid enough to offer betting on Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights

Fair does. Haven't done enough to pay for my ticket but I'll win a few rounds worth (I only do a tenner usually that's my limit for non horsey related things lol)

35 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

"Did you want to see The Stone Roses? Well you should have been here 15 years ago ya lazy bastards!" 

I saw em at Leeds Poly ,summer 89 I think it was.

Had the album on good old cassette !!!!