The stone roses

weeksy97

SeeTickets just seem overwhelmed with the amount of 'big gigs' they need to post tickets out for this month - Glastonbury, Stone Roses, Coldplay, Wildlife Fest etc.  They're being bombarded on Twitter with "where are my tickets?" questions.  Their stock response is 'they'll be sent out closer to the event, let us know if you don't have them 48 hours before'.

I appreciate that they send tickets out closer to the events to try and reduce secondary sales etc but they really don't leave much room for error.  With these big gigs, a lot of people travel up a few days before.  Also, if you're not available to sign for the tickets when they're delivered, you then need to wait 24 hours + to be able to pick them up from your local Royal Mail office (that's if they're even open at a convenient time).  48 hours before the event really isn't enough time.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I got mine from see but they aren't like the standard tickets posted previously on this thread. Mine have a picture of the stadium on them. I'm assuming this was taken at a previous gig as the etihad looks pretty full

oi bastardo :-)

Maybe the late release of tickets is a measure to reduce/disrupt secondary ticket sales? The first show is 9 days away and the message seems to be that they're not even in stock at SEE yet. It's probably not, but if it fucks over the likes of StubHub, Viagogo, etc then great! 

(I do appreciate that there are some genuine sellers too, mind)

Just now, SPTFRE said:

Maybe the late release of tickets is a measure to reduce/disrupt secondary ticket sales? The first show is 9 days away and the message seems to be that they're not even in stock at SEE yet. It's probably not, but if it fucks over the likes of StubHub, Viagogo, etc then great! 

(I do appreciate that there are some genuine sellers too, mind)

Well this is their official reasoning and that's all very well but they still need to find the balance between that and not making things too difficult for genuine buyers who've paid £8 per ticket in transaction/booking fees.

6 hours ago, mufcok said:

Went ticketless last night and ended up getting sorted out in the box office. The grin could not be wiped off my face, so so good. Mad venue to see them in

My mate was there. Got a phone call off him, thought his phone had gone off in his pocket till I realised it was I Am the Resurrection being sung.