1 car, 4 festivals, 12 countries, 30 days. Woodstock,Shankra,MoDem,Ozora.Looking for partners in crime...

Hi guys, I plan to attend a handful of festivals and parties this summer and I’m looking for someone to accompany me in this adventure. My initial idea was to fly to Woodstock, the biggest open air festival in Europe( which is also free) , return to UK, and few weeks later drive to Ozora. My friends who were supposed to come have bailed on me due to work commitments.

I decided to modify my plan a bit and instead of flying I want to drive to Woodstock, Shankra, possibly MoDem and Ozora all in one crazy trip. However, in order to do that I need to split the cost of fuel with 3-4 other people. Preferably people who will accompany me throughout the whole adventure.If we don’t find enough willing souls I will gladly pick up people along the way travelling from one festival to the other or, as a last resort, use car sharing website to fill up empty seats.

Itinerary below is just a rough sketch and apart from Woodstock and Ozora, nothing is set in stone. So if you have an idea how to fill the gaps, be it a day on a secluded beach of Italy or illegal underground rave party in post German bunker we will modify it accordingly. We will also probably make it up as we go along if an opportunity strikes.

Below I post all the details. It’s all a bit rough and ready and will probably change. If you want to join me on this adventure please let me know on here or PM me. Thanks for reading!

(Very rough) ITINERARY

• 12.07.16 Bristol (UK) or Stoke on Trent (depending if I move back to Bristol by then)
  • 14-16.07.16 22nd Woodstock Festival (Poland)
  • 18.07.16 Wroclaw (Poland) Optional stop at family and friends
  • 20-24.07.16 Shankra Festival (Switzerland) Alternatively Voov(Germany) or MoDem(Croatia)
  • 25.07.16 Venice. Because fuck yeah! VENICE!
  • 25.07.16 something, maybe Croatia? Maybe MoDem?
  • 30.07.16 Ozora Festival(Hungary)
  • 10.08.16 Bristol (UK)

Map https://goo.gl/maps/R8sKxDzyPEJ2

A bit about me: I’m 29 years old, Polish, residing in UK for the past 9 years. Speak fluent English and Polish. Currently work for NHS, so if you develop any kind of illness i’m fully qualified to tell you to take 2 paracetamol up to 4x a day and come back in 2 weeks if symptoms persist. Your welcome. I held my driving licence for over a decade now and got a lot of driving experience from previous jobs. I consider myself a sensible driver and never caused an accident.

VEHICLE The car is 2 years old hyundai i30 in tip top condition. Good on fuel, air conditioned, plenty of legroom and headroom. Boot isn’t massive but should fit luggage of 4 people and if we happen to have too much stuff i’m ready to invest in a roof rack of sorts.

FESTIVALS: 22nd Woodstock Festival Poland It’s not a festival. It’s an experience. You have never seen this many happy people all in one place. In 2014 attendance was 750 000. And in the last years this place turns to 3rd most populated place in Poland for the time of festival. Line up is rather varied but its definitely not an electronic music festival. Think rock, punk, metal and variations of thereof. It’s also ABSOLUTELY FREE. Obviously you have to pay for alcohol, food and drugs, if you buy any, but in theory at least you can arrive, have fun for 3 days and leave without paying a penny.

http://woodstockfestival.pl/en/

Shankra Festival Switzerland

I’ve never been and picked it as a filler between two big festivals. Looks like a perfect place to rest and refuel after the madness of woodstock and before the madness of ozora. Costs only 85 euro and just look at those landscapes....

http://www.shankrafestival.ch/

Ozora

European Mecca of psytrance. I don’t think it needs any introductions but in any case their website is much more comprehensive than what I can tell you about it.

https://ozorafestival.eu/

(very rough) COST PER PERSON Tickets:

• Woodstock - Free
  • Shankara - £85
  • MoDem - £135 - optional
  • Ozora £130 (if bought now) or £150 on the gate

Fuel approx 3500 miles @ 40mpg @ £1.10/L = approx £440 split between 4-5 people.

That’s £325 (+optional £135) for fuel and tickets assuming that i find 3 people to join me.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 6/3/2016 at 4:04 PM, andthenitripped said:

Hi guys, I plan to attend a handful of festivals and parties this summer and I’m looking for someone to accompany me in this adventure. My initial idea was to fly to Woodstock, the biggest open air festival in Europe( which is also free) , return to UK, and few weeks later drive to Ozora. My friends who were supposed to come have bailed on me due to work commitments.

I decided to modify my plan a bit and instead of flying I want to drive to Woodstock, Shankra, possibly MoDem and Ozora all in one crazy trip. However, in order to do that I need to split the cost of fuel with 3-4 other people. Preferably people who will accompany me throughout the whole adventure.If we don’t find enough willing souls I will gladly pick up people along the way travelling from one festival to the other or, as a last resort, use car sharing website to fill up empty seats.

Itinerary below is just a rough sketch and apart from Woodstock and Ozora, nothing is set in stone. So if you have an idea how to fill the gaps, be it a day on a secluded beach of Italy or illegal underground rave party in post German bunker we will modify it accordingly. We will also probably make it up as we go along if an opportunity strikes.

Below I post all the details. It’s all a bit rough and ready and will probably change. If you want to join me on this adventure please let me know on here or PM me. Thanks for reading!

(Very rough) ITINERARY

• 12.07.16 Bristol (UK) or Stoke on Trent (depending if I move back to Bristol by then)
  • 14-16.07.16 22nd Woodstock Festival (Poland)
  • 18.07.16 Wroclaw (Poland) Optional stop at family and friends
  • 20-24.07.16 Shankra Festival (Switzerland) Alternatively Voov(Germany) or MoDem(Croatia)
  • 25.07.16 Venice. Because fuck yeah! VENICE!
  • 25.07.16 something, maybe Croatia? Maybe MoDem?
  • 30.07.16 Ozora Festival(Hungary)
  • 10.08.16 Bristol (UK)

Map https://goo.gl/maps/R8sKxDzyPEJ2

A bit about me: I’m 29 years old, Polish, residing in UK for the past 9 years. Speak fluent English and Polish. Currently work for NHS, so if you develop any kind of illness i’m fully qualified to tell you to take 2 paracetamol up to 4x a day and come back in 2 weeks if symptoms persist. Your welcome. I held my driving licence for over a decade now and got a lot of driving experience from previous jobs. I consider myself a sensible driver and never caused an accident.

VEHICLE The car is 2 years old hyundai i30 in tip top condition. Good on fuel, air conditioned, plenty of legroom and headroom. Boot isn’t massive but should fit luggage of 4 people and if we happen to have too much stuff i’m ready to invest in a roof rack of sorts.

FESTIVALS: 22nd Woodstock Festival Poland It’s not a festival. It’s an experience. You have never seen this many happy people all in one place. In 2014 attendance was 750 000. And in the last years this place turns to 3rd most populated place in Poland for the time of festival. Line up is rather varied but its definitely not an electronic music festival. Think rock, punk, metal and variations of thereof. It’s also ABSOLUTELY FREE. Obviously you have to pay for alcohol, food and drugs, if you buy any, but in theory at least you can arrive, have fun for 3 days and leave without paying a penny.

http://woodstockfestival.pl/en/

Shankra Festival Switzerland

I’ve never been and picked it as a filler between two big festivals. Looks like a perfect place to rest and refuel after the madness of woodstock and before the madness of ozora. Costs only 85 euro and just look at those landscapes....

http://www.shankrafestival.ch/

Ozora

European Mecca of psytrance. I don’t think it needs any introductions but in any case their website is much more comprehensive than what I can tell you about it.

https://ozorafestival.eu/

(very rough) COST PER PERSON Tickets:

• Woodstock - Free
  • Shankara - £85
  • MoDem - £135 - optional
  • Ozora £130 (if bought now) or £150 on the gate

Fuel approx 3500 miles @ 40mpg @ £1.10/L = approx £440 split between 4-5 people.

That’s £325 (+optional £135) for fuel and tickets assuming that i find 3 people to join me.

Hy! I'm searching a way to com from modem to the ozora festival. If you still will go to modem and then to ozora and you still search some people for ride, you can contact me. 

Best wishes,

Manuel