What happens Wednesday & Thursday?

Tomothy123

On 5/16/2022 at 10:04 AM, Robinn said:

The Wednesday and Thursday are really great. It's the anticipation for the three big days combined with the joy of already being at the festival. Sure, the big stages are closed, but there's so much to see and to do. It's a great time to visit all the spots you won't go to during the weekend and/or discover some new favourite areas.

yes to the anticaption

the sites seems nice and quite until Friday morning and what feels like all the sounds systems getting turned up to 11

Wednesday is kind of my favourite day. Everything is fresh and exciting and there's just so much ahead of you.  

When Friday morning comes it feels like the countdown clock to the end has started.

Edited by uscore

4 minutes ago, uscore said:

Wednesday is kind of my favourite day. Everything is fresh and exciting and there's just so much ahead of you.  

When Friday morning comes it feels like the countdown clock to the end has started.

I feel like this sometimes.  Weds/Thurs is a great time in a great place with great people and zero pressure. When the main stages open the clash headaches and FOMO means I run about trying to see too much. Think that probably says more about me than anything, but the first 2 days of chilling and bumbling about just feel so relaxing.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I'm not surprised everyone's knackered come the last day of the festival. Seems semi counterproductive to blow your load a few days before the event starts proper.

the mistake here is thinking that Wednesday/Thursday are in some way a "pre-event" rather than as much a part as any of it.

Edited by uscore
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I'm not surprised everyone's knackered come the last day of the festival. Seems semi counterproductive to blow your load a few days before the event starts proper.

There is no 'event proper' for me, its split between Pre, then the Wed/Thur as a beautiful few days and then when the music starts - Glastonbury is it all wrapped up in one fantastic package 

• Upvote 1

Definitely echoing the responses here about Wednesday and Thursday being favourite days. Tend to spend the two days together with the group, chilling at the tents, bars and just enjoying the sights and sounds in the sun. When Friday hits people go their separate ways to watch different acts.

Highlights from previous years on Thursday have been Ultimate Power and Yacht Rock Paradiso both at Williams Green. Baggy Mondays (usually Stonebridge), Mik Artistic (Rocket Lounge) also great fun.

32 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Definitely echoing the responses here about Wednesday and Thursday being favourite days. Tend to spend the two days together with the group, chilling at the tents, bars and just enjoying the sights and sounds in the sun. When Friday hits people go their separate ways to watch different acts.

Highlights from previous years on Thursday have been Ultimate Power and Yacht Rock Paradiso both at Williams Green. Baggy Mondays (usually Stonebridge), Mik Artistic (Rocket Lounge) also great fun.

Thank you for the reminder about ultimate power and yacht rock at wg 🙂 only bothered to get inside the tent once, normally just chatting and enjoying it from the area outside

I agree that Wed & Thurs are the best days and part of that is having a total tear up, hanging out with mates might not have seen for a year and just generally having a laugh without the feeling of needing to be anywhere. Those 2 days are a major part of Glastonbury's USP for me and definitely nothing 'pre' about it. 

• 1 month later...