What happens Wednesday & Thursday?

Tomothy123

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

People get drunk and do whippets on the hill next to Crows Nest. The end.

That’s the secret Greyhound track isn’t it. Had such an amazing time there in 2019 after finding the entrance through the O of the sign, and working out the riddle to get in. Won enough to fund the whole festival! Trap 4 I love you! 

In my opinion, Wednesday and Thursday are my favourite days. 

Wednesday, we arrive... Walk about, have a few drinks. Then in the evening we head to watch the fireworks and the Phoenix being lit. Grab some food and head back to get an early-ish nights sleep. 

Thursday - We go check out some weird stuff. Tend to spend a good portion of time doing fun things like power ballad yoga, watching acts like show hawk duo, Lekkido, wheel of four tunes, beans on toast etc... They would certainly lose out to bigger acts over the weekend but I throughly enjoy them on a Thursday! 

I know it sounds mad but if I had a gun to my head and had to choose of take Wed/Thur over Fri-Sun. Band/Music wise my best moments are never what I expect them to be, so I wouldn’t really know what I was missing anyway, plus I end up missing so much stuff I want to see as it is. Plus Wed/Thur you’re completely fresh as well.

Obviously in reality I probably wouldn’t, but it kind of feels liked I’d want to.

11 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I know it sounds mad but if I had a gun to my head and had to choose of take Wed/Thur over Fri-Sun. Band/Music wise my best moments are never what I expect them to be, so I wouldn’t really know what I was missing anyway, plus I end up missing so much stuff I want to see as it is. Plus Wed/Thur you’re completely fresh as well.

Obviously in reality I probably wouldn’t, but it kind of feels liked I’d want to.

I’d take weds-thurs-Fri over sat-sun for sure. 

I love the Wednesday and Thursday of the festival as we tend to spend most of it together as a group which doesn't really happen once Friday hits. There's quite a few who I otherwise very rarely see and it's the only time we all really get together in the year, with people all over the country/Europe. So just being able to bimble around my favourite place with my favourite people is the biggest highlight in itself.

Wednesday and Thursay I typically spend most of my day around the GreenCrafts area, making and learning stuff,

and when the kids come, also in the Kidz field - although wed and thur are the crazy busy days

I've also spent near a full day at the clay tent making stuff

Oh god, I'm getting quite emotional thinking about this.  

Oh and Thursday early evening has to be up at Strummerville for the lighting of the bonfire.  No idea what time but I always seem to be there at the right time (it's not a ceremony or anything, just someone casually lighting it).

Wednesday = get overexcited and go too hard too early.

Thursday = desperately regret going too hard too early.

actually this is not the case anymore - Wednesday for us used to be get to Brothers bar and then wake up 14 hours later somewhere wondering what the hell had happened, but now its waaaay too much of a pain to get to the bar (for the best really 🙂 ) even on wednesday so rarely bother.

so wednesday and thursday is just wandering round, enjoying a steady flow of whatever and seeing what happens - i think its fair to say wednesday and thursday are my favourite days at the festival.

Wednesday, after pitching my tent I open a beer and relax for a bit and then start a big afternoon/evening wandering around. Then go and see a film at Pilton Palais before having one last wander back to my camp.

Thursday is 'Naked Thursday' for me, where I spend all day up at Lost Horizons having saunas, sunbathing, watching bands, eating and chatting with people. It's a great way to relax before the festival really gets going. Then about 7pm I get dressed and go exploring, get some food, have a drink, watch random bands and probably end up at Pilton Palais again for a late movie.

I love Wednesday and Thursday at Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Completely fresh on Thursday? 

cary-grant-get-out.gif

Ok not completely fresh, but I can always shake off one day of excess relatively well the next day, but I’m either completely fucked by the Sunday and can’t get going until close to headliner time, or I have a dip in the middle somewhere once I’m into 2+ day of drinking etc. 

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Ok not completely fresh, but I can always shake off one day of excess relatively well the next day, but I’m either completely fucked by the Sunday and can’t get going until close to headliner time, or I have a dip in the middle somewhere once I’m into 2+ day of drinking etc. 

I've had many younger years where first day I started early and went for it harder than any other day, so I was a ruin on Thursday and never quite recovered. Told a pal once "I never say no to anything at Glastonbury" - he soon taught me the error of my ways 😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Has anyone got a list of all the ceremonies that happen with times + locations

e.g. the fireworks on wednesday, bonfires etc

The fireworks Wednesday is basically just after sunset - from memory maybe around 9pm - you can see them from pretty much anywhere, but the busiest places are the Stone Circle and the Park.

Other things going on - like the Peace Circle in 2017 and the march in 2019 - tend to be announced closer to the festival.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

The fireworks Wednesday is basically just after sunset - from memory maybe around 9pm - you can see them from pretty much anywhere, but the busiest places are the Stone Circle and the Park.

Other things going on - like the Peace Circle in 2017 and the march in 2019 - tend to be announced closer to the festival.

We usually sit on one of the benches by the road on the Pyramid field to watch the fireworks.

The Wednesday and Thursday are really great. It's the anticipation for the three big days combined with the joy of already being at the festival. Sure, the big stages are closed, but there's so much to see and to do. It's a great time to visit all the spots you won't go to during the weekend and/or discover some new favourite areas.