I just managed to blag my way into the Earth Garden Festival in Malta. Never came across it before, but it looks like it might be a little smasher. The only acts I'd previously heard of on the bill are our old pal Neville Staple, German DJ Boom Shankar and the local ska band The Rifffs - but there seems like a nice mix of the dancey and the etherial, and it all appears to be nicely shaded in the woods up by the national stadium. It looks like a cross between a mini Womad, the bottom fields of Glastonbury and the old and sadly missed Bracknell Folk Festival. I'm hoping it's a hoot!

Anyone been before? How was it for you? And anyone going this year? I'll have to keep an eye out for you!

I'll keep you posted as to whether it was any good or not as we go along. But if you fancy a gander at the bill, do the clicks here…

http://www.earthgarden.com.mt

Edited by RoyDHacksaw