GlastoMap - new version

cerv

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh even looking at it from above i can't work where exactly I ended up drinking Ginger Wine a few years ago, walked through a shed with plants and ended up in some secluded little garden that was very well kept, there was a handful of people around, mostly people who were staff or looking after various places, it was somewhere in spiritual, green fields sort of region but I still can't work it out even from above, i just remember our friend was there with a guy and we spent well over an hour trying to find her, we eventually did but got completely lost in the process.

5 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Were the mud lakes really that bad on the Friday? My first thought was that it looked like Sunday, going by the state of the a West Holts field. 

Great work Cerv! :)

Don't know about Sunday but I stood behind that big ol' puddle of mud on Saturday watching Kamsai Washington.

23 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Were the mud lakes really that bad on the Friday? My first thought was that it looked like Sunday, going by the state of the a West Holts field. 

Great work Cerv! :)

That's actually about as dry as the site got all weekend.

Also, the only really extended sunny period was late Friday afternoon /evening.  I don't think the sun came out at all on the Sunday.

Solid work Cerv :)

Finally found my tent for the first time, helped by the fact that we managed to keep a fire pit and 4 of my mates had identical tents!

Always amazes me to look at this bloody thing.  Camping high up in Big Ground no wonder I'm always knackered when I get to Strummerville! :lol:

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's actually about as dry as the site got all weekend.

Also, the only really extended sunny period was late Friday afternoon /evening.  I don't think the sun came out at all on the Sunday.

I was looking particularly at the area around La Grande Bouffe, which I visited on Sunday evening. I hadn't remembered seeing the walkway made of pallets until the Sunday, but having had another look, I think I must be wrong, the route through from WH to Avalon still has a fair bit of grass, and that definitely wasn't the case by Sunday! 

interesting, what is `back house` just north of baileys campsite? is that staff camping or is it open to public? looks like barely anyone there is all compared to rest of the site......this is where I mean look for the marker 

https://goo.gl/xiUVMa

Edited by waterfalls212434

22 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

interesting, what is `back house` just north of baileys campsite? is that staff camping or is it open to public? looks like barely anyone there is all compared to rest of the site......this is where I mean look for the marker 

On the site map, it's not marked as a crew field or anything like that. Maybe it's just a bit out of the way, so not that many people noticed it? 

1 hour ago, Stretlow said:

Belting picture that.

Where does it come from? a satellite i'm assuming?

Is it intentionally sent over the festival each year or is it just natural that one will pass over?

Find it fascinating.

Yep, the festival pay a company called Blom to take it each year and they fly over to take it. It must be pretty useful for future planning purposes (or even during the festival itself if Blom can turn it around quickly for them).

14 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

On the site map, it's not marked as a crew field or anything like that. Maybe it's just a bit out of the way, so not that many people noticed it? 

May have to check it out in 2017 it looks pretty secluded and I'm definitely a fan of the 'chilling when at the tents-party over the rest of the site' way of doing things......and look! Actual grass! 

Edited by waterfalls212434

38 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Yeah I was looking at the map yesterday and spotted that too; I was literally on the other side of those trees... about 15m away from camping on actual grass - damn :(

9 minutes ago, cerv said:

Yep, the festival pay a company called Blom to take it each year and they fly over to take it. It must be pretty useful for future planning purposes (or even during the festival itself if Blom can turn it around quickly for them).

Just looking at their site now, interesting stuff.

looks like they have satellites and planes, thin the glasto pics must be the former surely

19 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

May have to check it out in 2017 it looks pretty secluded and I'm definitely a fan of the 'chilling when at the tents-party over the rest of the site' way of doing things......and look! Actual grass! 

Yeah, it does look promising. Not sure what the gradient's like there, and obviously that image doesn't show how soggy the ground is, which could've put people off, but definitely worth a look! 

27 minutes ago, Dodgy Pint said:

This wasn't taken on Friday. Our tent gave up the ghost on Friday night and we took it down on Saturday morning and returned it to the car. You can see the space where our tent was  https://goo.gl/42rF2B  so it must be some point on Saturday (we took the tent next to it down on Sunday morning)

I'd say around 19:30 on Saturday so?

that big crowd at the Other is presumably for The 1975.

the crowds for Tame Impala and afterwards waiting for Adele were bigger than the photo, so must have been before them at least.

e: actually, i think it's earlier than that, as Arcadia doesn't seem to be open. maybe around 18:00? Tom Odell would have gotten a decent crowd at the Other I'm guessing.

e2: although maybe it's just that no-one is there at Arcadia. there's a pretty big crowd spilling out of the JP, which is more likely to be Example around 19:30, rather than John Grant around 18:00?

Edited by ghostdancer1