GlastoMap - new version

cerv

3 hours ago, Stretlow said:

If i wanted to mark of places permanently. I.e someone posts something on these boards that's i think is worth seeking out so I can open it when I get to the site and it would still be marked, what would be the best way to do it? Create a list of links?

Edit: top work by the way. Really interesting to play with

You could bookmark each one in your web browser. I've tweaked it a little bit so that anything shared with a label will have a page title in format of "Marker Label on GlastoMap" e.g. "Cider Bus on GlastoMap" - bookmark that and it should be easy to find later - you could create a folder to keep them all in one place

And thanks for the kind words!

Edited by cerv

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, cerv said:

You could bookmark each one in your web browser. I've tweaked it a little bit so that anything shared with a label will have a page title in format of "Marker Label on GlastoMap" e.g. "Cider Bus on GlastoMap" - bookmark that and it should be easy to find later - you could create a folder to keep them all in one place

And thanks for the kind words!

No probs :drinks:.

I'm far from an expert in these things but could cookies be utilised to remember places you've marked?

Still can't help looking at this wonderful creation.

Is anyone familiar with the Pyramid backstage area? Intrigued to know what the big building is immediately South of the Pyramid, and below that who used the teepees? Are the 35 or so big white vehicles dressing rooms/accom for every act who's on the Pyramid & Other Stage?

Kudos for creating this map, provides a great insight into the scale of the site and the little known backstage and off-site areas.

Regarding @Avalon_Fields post above and the large white structures in the area behind the Pyramid I *think* that at least some of them will contain the festival's wholesale market as you can clearly see what appear to be refrigeration equipment immediately adjacent to the tents. I may be wrong however.    

45 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Still can't help looking at this wonderful creation.

Is anyone familiar with the Pyramid backstage area? Intrigued to know what the big building is immediately South of the Pyramid, and below that who used the teepees? Are the 35 or so big white vehicles dressing rooms/accom for every act who's on the Pyramid & Other Stage?

The big white building is in the hospitality area, thats the bar (I think if I have got my bearings right!)

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

is there a way to save this on my phone for offline use?

or to get the background image as one file, as it's loads of 256x256 image files it seems.

Don't know if this is helpful, saved it as a PDF, unfortunately it won't show the whole thing just the page view, this is the best I could do. 
Charm x

iolzzm.jpg

Could someone mark The Underground Piano Bar on the map?

I've found it on the map/photo but I guess I can't add it as a publically visible sig

If you want to see where it is, zoom to maximum magnification with 'Stone Circle' in the centre of your screen. At '4 o'clock' you'll see an angled black oblong - that's the canvas(?) coating over the top of The Underground Piano Bar

Edited by airwaves