Are we In or Out?

grumpyhack

Are we IN or OUT?  

666 members have voted

1. 1. Are we IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT

On 28 June 2016 at 7:01 PM, smudger said:

Yeah you're right, in a year maybe the headless chickens will have stopped flapping. If they've any sense, or of course any ability to, they would have fucked off out of this mess. In a year, the chances are Scotland will be well on the way to independence, and who can blame them, Ireland will be looking at unification and we all know what that will mean for the peace process, the blatant NHS lie is already exposed as just that, Income tax will be up, exports will be down, import prices will be up, the scum that think their nasty racist views are now legitimate, will have made those immigrants who came here to work and contribute to our society feel trapped and in danger in their own homes. We'll be looking at a permanent right wing Tory government, who will have ripped up workers rights because 'we have to compete against the 3rd world markets', which of course mean 3rd world conditions. A race to the bottom.

Great Britain will be great again though won't it? Back to that never existed rosy time just after we won the war, then Spitfires flew, and unmarried mothers had back street abortions. Back to believing that for some reason just being born this side of the channel makes you 'special'. We don't need them do we? We British, sorry English and Welsh for fucks sake! We know how to tell anyone who tries to tell us that we're falling off a cliff, how to fuck off. We'll show them won't we! We fuck ourselves over and then lets see those posh middle class w*nkers react! That'll show them!

You maybe happy to take the chance that it will be better, against the advice of practically any economist of any note, happy to gamble the continued existence of the UK, because of some failings in the workings of a multinational EU, happy to rip up all the good things we've had because of a few reckless lies and racist innuendo.

Who knows, against all of the odds, you maybe right, we could do better outside the EU, Europe will let us trade freely, let us access their markets, but have not to pay a price for it, the Scots will stay, the racist will go away, the peace process will hold, my kids will feel accepted and welcomed in Europe, our NHS won't suffer from a massive brain drain of staff, austerity will go away, the steel mills and mines will reopen, kids will have a future, it won't rain at Glastonbury and Boris won't sneak up on you and rip your fucking heart out.

So.......lets risk all of that, for an unrealistic fantasy. Yeah good call...

(just in case you're not sure, I think you're wrong and I was joking about the rain at Glastonbury)

Yes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, russycarps said:

sorry, I didnt mean to be so aggressive. It's an emotional issue. Please stay and give as good as you get!

That's really thrown me Russy, I've only ever seen the agressive and abusive side of you.  I knew there was a heart of gold in there somewhere ;)

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Don't know if anyone else has already seen it, mentioned it or even cares about it, but came across this today.  Picked upa copy in Tesco, will let you know if it's any good or not.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/the-new-european-newspaper-brexit_uk_577e68ade4b074297db2ac61

I like the idea but that cartoon on the cover is such a facepalm I have a red mark on my forehead

Think we all need to move on tbh.

I voted Remain for reasons I have already given, but the majority, rightly or wrongly voted Leave.  We now need to make the best of that decision.

Rightly or wrongly democracy has prevailed.

Though personally it has demonstrated the lack of value of referrendums.  People vote to express their opinion on multiple issues rather than the one at hand.

What is interesting is the split of votes depending on geography, politics and various  other factors.

Extreme Right and Left voting out (by and large). 

Our (well Mrs GH's) extended family - 12 of us - are planning a big family holiday in Portugal in August.  Now the time has come to pay for the villa the price has gone up because of the pound falling against the euro post referendum.  So we have decided that the one person out of the 12 who voted out should stump up the difference.  Serves him right, but he's also the one with most money.

5 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Our (well Mrs GH's) extended family - 12 of us - are planning a big family holiday in Portugal in August.  Now the time has come to pay for the villa the price has gone up because of the pound falling against the euro post referendum.  So we have decided that the one person out of the 12 who voted out should stump up the difference.  Serves him right, but he's also the one with most money.

Ha ha, all festival, we just blamed my cuz for all the problems as the sole out voter. Fortunately, we paid the remainder of the French holiday we're having, but we'll be eating cassoulet once we're there.

Edited by carlosj