Jogging at the festival

majormajormajor

11 minutes ago, 42hamlet said:

It's an incredibly odd sight when returning from the SE corner at 6-7am in a foggy stupor seeing a bunch of joggers getting up for the day when you haven't even been to sleep yet

For this reason it should be banned, it's not natural to see joggers when you're about to turn in for "the night"

similarly, the smugness of knowing you've already done something good in the day when everyone else is still in bed feeling sorry for themselves is rather satisfying.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/05/2016 at 2:56 PM, NinjaJihad said:

I know it sounds crazy but some people actually run for.....fun, myself included.  There is little chance of me doing this though, purely down to the state I will be in from Wednesday night.

If, however, I was tee total or even just sensible. I would be all over this. I bet it's a right laugh.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/e8db9009-33e1-43db-a28c-3485ab001f8a

cant seem to embed :/ 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

55 minutes ago, Diva Sam said:

If you're jogging at 7am then you're not doing Glastonbury right. 

Exactly - getting back to your tent from the SE Corner at 7am on a sunny morning so you can get some sleep in before it turns into a sauna requires a mad sprint.

1 hour ago, whateverman said:

Having said that, I really can't see a place for formal exercise at Glasto, as the festival itself is such an effective and thorough workout.  I have to train in the gym for weeks just so that I have a chance of lasting the festival somewhat intact (seriously).

Yeah it sounds utterly deranged to be able to do that and then trudge around for the rest of the day after that. Can only imagine that those who jog around the site at 7am will go back, get showered and sit outside their camper until evening.

32 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

I really can't think of much I'd rather not be doing at 7am, but each to their own! 

Currently having to have my running completed well before 7am and the kid wakes up. 

Unlikely to be having a particularly heavily cider fuelled Glastonbury these days, so if the sleep has been very interrupted by screaming baby a run might be just the thing to chill me out again. I will need to see about making the shower in the campervan work first though.

1 hour ago, robin said:

Currently having to have my running completed well before 7am and the kid wakes up. 

Unlikely to be having a particularly heavily cider fuelled Glastonbury these days, so if the sleep has been very interrupted by screaming baby a run might be just the thing to chill me out again. I will need to see about making the shower in the campervan work first though.

If this is the Robin I think it is, we'll be camping next to you with our 2 kids :-) I'm up for a run if you and the Mrs fancy it although I think you two will be far too fast for me :-)

1 minute ago, kerry_j1978 said:

If this is the Robin I think it is, we'll be camping next to you with our 2 kids :-) I'm up for a run if you and the Mrs fancy it although I think you two will be far too fast for me :-)

Yep, 'tis me. You saw through my disguise. ;)

I'm up for this. I didn't realise there was some kind of semi official run. If it happens this year count me in. I'm always training for something and whilst I usually take a break at Glastonbury, I won't feel so bad about the abuse on my body if I get a bit of exercise in.

Nice to meet like minded people as well.

46 minutes ago, kerry_j1978 said:

No copious amounts of cider this year? No home brew?? No getting it taken off you by the stewards coz you had too much? how times have changed :-)

what's all this? The stewards took your booze off you at glastonbury? For what reason?

Edited by russycarps

Just now, kerry_j1978 said:

when the stewards checked in the van Robin had so much home brew they thought he was going to sell it in the CV fields. He got it back thank God !

phew! that brought me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it. Imagine doing glastonbury having to buy all your booze from the bars, would cost hundreds of quid!!

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

phew! that brought me out in a cold sweat just thinking about it. Imagine doing glastonbury having to buy all your booze from the bars, would cost hundreds of quid!!

ha defo, when I think back to the days when we went to Leeds, T in the Park etc ( don't shoot me!) and you had to get beer tokens then stand in a bloody queue for ages, never mind paying £4.50 a pint , which was a lot back in the day! However I'm sure it was T where you got money back for collecting the paper cups and the little holders, you used to see people scrabbling around doing it and I think it totally helped with the liter, I could have totally made that up mind as I don't think I was ever coherent in them days...slightly off topic sorry! anyway I would defo be up for a Glasto run in the AM even just to see the mangled states through sober eyes x

Gulp.....

Outing myself here, i enjoy a wee 30min to an hour jog.. And i have done in the mornings at glastonburys before. You do get some funny looks... But that tends to be from people who dont look so good themselves chewing the face off trying to comprehend what your doing and why!

Probably will do again. If you enjoy running and get a buzz from it, ots something you do in different places .. By the sea, through a city, cross country.... Through a festival!

Ill not be rough that many mornings... Ill be that smug bastard with an apple who cant wait to tell you at 3pm ive been up since 7 and had a run :)

Edit to add... I know we do a power of walking, but the endorphin kick from a 5 - 10k run is a good way to start the day. Walking doesnt do that.

Edited by garc1a