Lineup 2018

8 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Nah, reckon he'd be headlining R1 or third down on main if he ever did play. Headlining Boardmasters and Truck Festival alongside the likes of Courteeners and Catfish and the Bottlemen. 

Edit: If the slot below Dua Lipa is technically third down then I guess there would be a slim chance but I'd be surprised to see two pop acts in a row in prominent main stage slots. 

also biggest weekend in swansea http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4bzvTKWBMzGGdDCxfcWhgyd/the-biggest-weekend-swansea

6 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Yeah but I'd never take those Big Weekend events as evidence for placements. Any act on the line-up that would play Reading (last year Kasabian, Royal Blood, Alt-J, Biffy, TDCC, Blossoms etc.) would take a higher slot at Reading as those line-ups are usually stacked full of the most popular artists.

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

could george ezra be added on the lineup for saturday on main

No. George Ezra wouldn't play R+L.

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

Edit: If the slot below Dua Lipa is technically third down

Not really that important but it's fourth down. You could say Dua Lipa is technically a sub, but she's third down. 

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

Yeah but I'd never take those Big Weekend events as evidence for placements. Any act on the line-up that would play Reading (last year Kasabian, Royal Blood, Alt-J, Biffy, TDCC, Blossoms etc.) would take a higher slot at Reading as those line-ups are usually stacked full of the most popular artists.

kasabian should have headlined big weekend last year instead of Katy perry

4 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

The Big Weekend line-ups are never in order on the poster and the line-up order is usually pretty all-over the place. Not one to take into account when looking at other festivals in my opinion. 

i expect there will probable be another act for the main stage on sunday

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Tour news around August could heavily lend towards there being a secret set.

Would put money on them headlining Community Fest in 2019 they'd fit that perfectly. Would FR book them for both community and reading though? 

Only reason I think Community is bc theres no one else at that level except Royal Blood (who FR dont seem to realise even exist)

Edited by R Shah

Just now, dentalplan said:

The 1975? They’re too big for it. Send me that money.

Fair point, but who else is there that could headline community though. TDCC and Catfish were both like small arena level. I cant think of many other recent bands at that level except Royal Blood.