Lineup 2018

Saw The Wombats on Saturday in Sheffield, they were actually really great live. First time seeing them. Although I still don't really like any of the songs off of their third album, Glitterbug, the stuff from their earlier album and new album was really great. Crowd were loving it. I could see their set being really great, a nice middle of the day chilled out set, probably playing more of their older stuff. 

Supports were The Night Cafe who were alright, they're at Leeds but not in a rush to see them, and Bloxx, who sounded alright, I just wasn't a big fan of the lead singer that much. 

22 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

Saw The Wombats on Saturday in Sheffield, they were actually really great live. First time seeing them. Although I still don't really like any of the songs off of their third album, Glitterbug, the stuff from their earlier album and new album was really great. Crowd were loving it. I could see their set being really great, a nice middle of the day chilled out set, probably playing more of their older stuff. 

Supports were The Night Cafe who were alright, they're at Leeds but not in a rush to see them, and Bloxx, who sounded alright, I just wasn't a big fan of the lead singer that much. 

I was there too... I spent the whole of Bloxx trying to figure out whether the singer was a boy or a girl.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheDHolford said:

Wombats are always good live I just feel like I'm bored of seeing them over and over now, as well as the fact their new album hasn't really blown me away. Personally, I thought Glitterbug was a solid album and I'd probably say it was on par with the Modern Glitch, but ultimately nothing has ever quite lived up to LL&D.

The Night Cafe supported them last time and they were very very good but I think it was partly because they're from Liverpool so the crowd was into them a lot more. 

10 hours ago, Retro P said:

I feel like Royal Blood are playing it very smart, not overexposing themselves in every field around unlike previously touted future headliners such as 2DCC and the Vaccines. Building anticipation up and focusing on being more established globally and setting themselves up instead of taking the easy dollar and playing everywhere over here which many up and coming bands find hard to resist. 

It could work but it could pan put the other way where people completely lose interest in them. Sure enough though they are aware of their sound and that it doesn't have the longevity to just continue as it is.

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Oi oi!! Been readin the forum, just not as much since the line ups come out, think that’s the case for a lot of people. But yeah bois!! Been busy getting music recorded and out there!!! If ya guys got Spotify have a listen!!! xXx

https://open.spotify.com/track/0YQXtp6d5dR16sVp1Ro1yY?si=1qDRO_y9QB2UMuR8EiahPQ

Shouldn’t have recorded it on a day when you had a cold

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Oi oi!! Been readin the forum, just not as much since the line ups come out, think that’s the case for a lot of people. But yeah bois!! Been busy getting music recorded and out there!!! If ya guys got Spotify have a listen!!! xXx

Good stuff man! Keep it up.

• Upvote 2

On 17/03/2018 at 1:14 AM, Gucci Piggy said:

Coincidentally saw our boy @UndergroundSound today whilst riding a bus past his college that I didn't even know was his college and seeing some kid in a Creeper hoodie walk past.

eFests turning up in my day to day life now I've had enough.

not sure whether to be humbled or terrified by that experience...

Edited by UndergroundSound

2 hours ago, Cammers said:

I was there too... I spent the whole of Bloxx trying to figure out whether the singer was a boy or a girl.

I did as well, still can't work it out. Wasn't a big fan of their voice at all, crowd didn't seem into them at all either which probably didn't help.

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Wombats are always good live I just feel like I'm bored of seeing them over and over now, as well as the fact their new album hasn't really blown me away. Personally, I thought Glitterbug was a solid album and I'd probably say it was on par with the Modern Glitch, but ultimately nothing has ever quite lived up to LL&D.

The Night Cafe supported them last time and they were very very good but I think it was partly because they're from Liverpool so the crowd was into them a lot more. 

This was my first time seeing them, and they were great. I love the new album, started listening to Glitterbug again, but still not a fan of some of the songs on there, emoticons and Greek tragedy I'm not keen on but they always seem to perform them now.  I'll almost certainly head to main stage when they're on, unless there's a big clash with someone else. 

Seeing Magic Gang next Saturday, saw them last year and they were decent, albeit an almost 100% crowd of underage kids on drugs/so smashed they couldn't stand. Hopefully a better crowd this time around, loving their debut album. 

3 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

by the way Frank carter in a 60 cap venue was fucking insane.

fullsizeoutput_1332.thumb.jpeg.21f8cf72d10390b46a53df4cdbf90ad9.jpegIMG_0059.thumb.JPG.49200aa64d7b3551795ac1a70e8e67ed.JPG

60 cap? That must have been absolutely fantastic. Was it a full set?

Saw him late last year and I have to say it was one of the best gigs I've been to for ages. Having him climb up to the balcony where I was and sing next to me before he dived off into the crowd was an experience! 

1 minute ago, TheDHolford said:

60 cap? That must have been absolutely fantastic. Was it a full set?

Yeah they played a full set at Dr Martens Bootroom in Camden right before they set off for their EU tour, tickets were free and managed to get hold of them by applying on the DM website ages ago. Yeah mate it was amazing, Frank and Dean played over half the show in the crowd. Free drinks as well :D

3 hours ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Keep it up mate :)

3 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

LL&D is a pretty patchy album imo. Some of the songs are great but the rest are really forgettable.

Glitterbug and Modern Glitch are a lot more consistent imo. Sure the highs aint as good as LL&D but every song is just really solid on both tbh.

Agreed on the new album though, not their best work