Lineup 2018

1 minute ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Maybe just my ignorance, but whilst I recognise Royal Blood are getting big, are they ever going to get to the point people would pay headline money to see. 

From my experience with them, everyone seems to like Royal Blood, but nobody seems to love them. 

People I know who have no interest in foos went to the mk bowl shows for royal blood. 

5 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Could just be I don't know anyone massively into them, although as I say everyone I know seems to like them, just not crazy about them. Fair play if people were paying Foos money to see them though. 

I've met people say they're their favorite band. I guess they have to be to pay foos prices for a support slot

I'd say Foo Fighters could be nailed on for 2018. Wouldn't have played the festival for 6 years which is more than long enough for R&L. Add BMTH, who are very possible considering recent interviews/rumours. So Foos/BMTH and then I reckon Arctic Monkeys, or if they're going for a more interesting booking Kendrick Lamar. If they get either of those trios it could be their strongest set of headliners in a few years imo.

29 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

could see Arctics possibly doing IOW considering they've never done it before and have done all the other festivals several times over

hmm maybe, but I think the Arctics are such a big draw that they'd get huge offers from other festivals that will deter them away from IOW.

Just now, Matt42 said:

hmm maybe, but I think the Arctics are such a big draw that they'd get huge offers from other festivals that will deter them away from IOW.

too soon for Glastonbury and i think R/L will go for Foos over them (both would be far too strong) but i guess they could do TITP again. if not, only IOW left, and it seems weird to me that they haven't played there even though they'd be a good fit

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

too soon for Glastonbury and i think R/L will go for Foos over them (both would be far too strong) but i guess they could do TITP again. if not, only IOW left, and it seems weird to me that they haven't played there even though they'd be a good fit

Glastonbury won't be on in 2018 so that means that R&L

No Glastonbury means less competition, maybe R&L will pull a download 2016 and book two huge headliners in one year

also they could easily have BMTH, Foo Fighters, Arctic Monkeys as the trio - would make BMTH headlining seem less controversial.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You say that, if this year is to be believed then they would have had RHCP and The Stone Roses. You could have Arctics and Foo's then two co-headliners no bother.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You say that, if this year is to be believed then they would have had RHCP and The Stone Roses. You could have Arctics and Foo's then two co-headliners no bother.

where's Stone Roses come from? if this years actual headliners are anything to go by then Foos and Arctics in one year is far too strong

and the whole Glastonbury not being on argument doesn't really work considering they had Foos, Kasabian and The Cure last time round which i don't think many would argue was a particularly strong set of headliners. Foos and Arctics are both BIG names and R/L hasn't had two that strong at the top in some time. not saying it won't/couldn't happen, but i don't see it

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

where's Stone Roses come from? if this years actual headliners are anything to go by then Foos and Arctics in one year is far too strong

and the whole Glastonbury not being on argument doesn't really work considering they had Foos, Kasabian and The Cure last time round which i don't think many would argue was a particularly strong set of headliners. Foos and Arctics are both BIG names and R/L hasn't had two that strong at the top in some time. not saying it won't/couldn't happen, but i don't see it

It's what Reading had in place this year apparently before pulling, and Biffy and Disclosure being booked. It was said to be Foals/FOB topping with RHCP and Roses.

• 3 weeks later...