Lineup 2018

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Billy said that he is aware that  lot of fans want Siamese Dream / Mellon Collie era Pumpkins so I think their setlists would be heavy on those albums. 

They have been anyway. There's only United States that has (deservedly) survived off Zeitgeist, they might keep one off Oceania because the heavier of those tracks gel well with old stuff. All I want is for them to bury the last album and also not waste time on covers or do acoustic renditions of classic songs.

edit: just seen you specified those two albums. Would expect there to be two or three from Adore/Machina era too.

Edited by dentalplan

42 minutes ago, K_Riss said:

Went to see Kung Fu Kenny last night! The best gig I’ve been to, and I’ve been to a lotta gigs/festivals. Definitely, for me, the goat of the hip hop world. Heck, he’s just the GOAT, full stop. It would be a privilege to see him as Saturday Headliner in August. Fingers crossed, we’re all right! 

Ain’t nobody prayin’ for me. 

What was the set list like gg

2 hours ago, TOMHAMPTON said:

Since the announcement seems imminent thought I may as well share my final predictions for headliners and couple off the NME stage.

MAIN: Royal Blood/Imagine Dragons (Co Headline) // Courteneers (Sub)

MAIN:  Kendrick Lamar (Headline) // Dua Lipa (Sub)

MAIN:  Foo Fighters (Headline) // 30STM (Sub)

NME ACTS: 

Pixies (NME headline)

Travis Scott (NME headline)

Wolf Alice (NME headline)

Brockhampton (Mid NME)

Foster The People (Mid NME)

The Kooks (Upper NME)

I mean, if Kendrick and 30STM are playing, they can both only really play on the Saturday (so if you're predicting both you're kinda stuck with 30STM under Kdot)

If we reckon Wolf Alice are probably NME headliners then it'd be a shame if they go on the same night as Kendrick (assuming he's there, looks pretty likely) as I wouldn't mind seeing him, however I'd much prefer that to them clashing with Foo Fighters, Royal Blood or whoever as there's no way I'd miss Wolf Alice and I think I'd feel less bad about missing Kendrick than I would Royal Blood or Foo Fighters. If the third headliner (going with Foos and Kendrick as the other two) is someone like Green Day or The 1975 then I wouldn't be arsed about seeing them and would then be a bit gutted to have missed Kendrick. Still, gotta see Wolf Alice if they're there, and recommend everyone else does too. Best live band I've ever seen I think.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They have been anyway. There's only United States that has (deservedly) survived off Zeitgeist, they might keep one off Oceania because the heavier of those tracks gel well with old stuff. All I want is for them to bury the last album and also not waste time on covers or do acoustic renditions of classic songs.

edit: just seen you specified those two albums. Would expect there to be two or three from Adore/Machina era too.

Oh, yeah. I’d expect something from pretty much every album but I can see them leaning on those two albums more in comparison. Either way, I’m excited to hear the new stuff if/when it comes. I have Vieuphoria to thank for the Pumpkins inspiration :P 

5 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Wait, if your doing shows you cannot be an exclusive? I thought festival exclusive means you can still do shows, am I wrong? @dentalplan

No but that’s what they’ll be doing other than TRNSMT. Not being exclusive doesn’t mean they have to be somewhere else; some fests just don’t bother using that as a promotional tool. Stereophonics are only playing TRNSMT as it stands and are not claimed as exclusives either.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dentalplan said:

No but that’s what they’ll be doing other than TRNSMT. Not being exclusive doesn’t mean they have to be somewhere else; some fests just don’t bother using that as a promotional tool. Stereophonics are only playing TRNSMT as it stands and are not claimed as exclusives either.

Thanks, my naivety sorry about that. Though Stereophonics could be doing something else...

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

Wouldn’t literally be a perfect setlist if I, A.D.H.D and Poetic Justice were in it. (Obviously he’ll probably never perform Poetic Justice again with all the Drake beef)

I swear that beef is just fan fiction. But nah, he was still playing it on the TPAB tour which, I assume, is while the beef was already around cos obviously people think there are shots at Drake on King Kunta. The sad truth is some songs just have to be left out - I wonder if that'll change come festival season when the DAMN. tour is just about over.