Lineup 2018

19 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Well the source that told me AM, Foo Fighters and Kendrick as headliners with The Offspring  playing spoke to me again today.

Announcement is apparently definitely Monday with a good chance announced tomorrow that it is Monday.

They also said Dua Lipa, Wombats, Jungle and Distillers have been booked. 

Remember I'm sharing what they have said to me, because it's what the threads about. What they said I am sharing it with people who want to know the lineup and it's two minds whether it's right but you all should know.

As I said please don't slaughter me. I am just trying to assist and this is what I got told. @eFestivals I suppose we will see on Monday. I cannot say enough though that I am sharing what I was told and wouldn't post unless I actually believed the person.

When I quizzed about AM and potential evidence they are not playing they said it's a red herring, surprise type of thing.

I am sick of these posts as well but I thought you should know.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, DR OK said:

what info have you been told?

Thats what, @DR OK though it may have been coincidence.

17 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Would be nice if they could sort out either that or the Bristol one at some point, we tend to miss out on the really big acts.

According to WalesOnline they're going to put it down the bay and they might be starting work in about two years :P

Would love a better size arena down this way though, it's a pain having to trek to Birmingham for all the good stuff.

Just now, JoeRousey said:

I think there’s a chance we could get something tonight saying there’ll be an announcement on Monday. 6PM is quite a common time for people to announce things. Just my personal opinion though :) 

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if there's the announcement of the announcement tonight.

33 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Im at work so i cant, anyone wanna call them up and ask the same question? If not, i will after work. Just to see if they are legit giving out the date for the line up. 

Just rang asking if they were confirming it and the woman that answered the phone said they aren’t confirming the date but it’s in the next couple of weeks. I then asked if there was a chance of an announcement of the announcement tonight and she said no. Stopped after that and thanked her, didn’t want to be too irritating.

3 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

Just rang asking if they were confirming it and the woman that answered the phone said they aren’t confirming the date but it’s in the next couple of weeks. I then asked if there was a chance of an announcement of the announcement tonight and she said no. Stopped after that and thanked her, didn’t want to be too irritating.

That clears that one up then! No announcement tonight! If she said next couple of weeks, does that maybe imply BRITS again? Or is she just saying that to make it less obvious that its going to be next week? 

Edit - Thank You :)

Edited by The All Round Ball :|

5 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

That clears that one up then! No announcement tonight! If she said next couple of weeks, does that maybe imply BRITS again? Or is she just saying that to make it less obvious that its going to be next week? 

Edit - Thank You :)

She will have just said “next couple of weeks” as she shouldn’t be allowed to give the exact date, I’m still going for next Monday or next week at some point. Although Brits week is still v likely.

Edited by UndergroundSound

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Ridiculous. Why increase, its not going to make people rush to buy one...

The majority of people shouldn’t particularly notice the price increase I wouldn’t think especially as it’s the service charge. I’m wondering how much the ones I’ll sell through the ambassador scheme once it starts  will be now after this change.

35 minutes ago, JoeRousey said:

Could bring some hype over the weekend maybe? If the rumour of the new PR team is true then I suppose changing the announcement timing would make sense. 

the impact is announcements is something marketing peeps are quite good at measuring, and it's well known that Fridays/weekends aren't good for it - so i'd be very surprised if experienced marketing peeps suggested it as a strategy, or that someone like Melvin would accept it.

With Latitude announcing on Monday, I'm thinking R/L might not be Monday now.

12 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

The majority of people shouldn’t particularly notice the price increase I wouldn’t think especially as it’s the service charge. I’m wondering how much the ones I’ll sell through the ambassador scheme once it starts  will be now after this change.

I've been thinking of doing this with my friends and just splitting the entire cost. Do you get much of a discount if you buy through the ambassador scheme

1 minute ago, Lukie74 said:

I've been thinking of doing this with my friends and just splitting the entire cost. Do you get much of a discount if you buy through the ambassador scheme

last year the service charger was cheaper so worked out about £5 cheaper, so not much of a discount but you can still advertise them as 'cheaper'.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the impact is announcements is something marketing peeps are quite good at measuring, and it's well known that Fridays/weekends aren't good for it - so i'd be very surprised if experienced marketing peeps suggested it as a strategy, or that someone like Melvin would accept it.

With Latitude announcing on Monday, I'm thinking R/L might not be Monday now.

Ah that’s fair enough I never knew that, was just a personal prediction :)