Lineup 2018

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Seeing them on Thursday at the Hippodrome and again at ally pally, god the album is shocking I think, a lot of the songs sound really similar - still love the wombats in general though its just a shame. Anyway the hits set is awesome !!

I wouldn't call it shocking, but it is defo the worst album they put out (would have made a great EP tho).

IDK why you think all the songs sound similar. The issue for me is that they all sound pretty different. You go right from a slower sythy song into a fast paced bassy/screechy opening or whatever. Nothing holds any of the tracks together (unlike Glitterbug which were all done in a similar style etc.)

I would have agrred Wombats were nailed on but the fact they haven't been announced for any fests yet is a bit suspicious imo. Guess they could just be waiting till after their tour finishes to announce stuff but still

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Can't see that it's been mentioned but while looking around the swish new website, I noticed the stages page reads:

"Stage breakdowns will be released soon!
But you can still see all the artists here."

And then it links to the artists page where there are obviously no acts listed yet. So it seems to strongly suggest that the stage breakdowns are coming separate from the artists, and it'll be that dogshit Coachella poster style again on the first announcement.

Still reckon we are gonna get something like this first and then the poster like 2 months later. Fits in with everything we've heard about them not just announcing headliners etc. Plus this kinda thing used to be dropped late feb/early march anyway so it ain't a big difference in timescale

announcementprediction.png

2 hours ago, danz026 said:

You don’t need to be massive to play Ally Pally. I saw Don Broco there and the Wombats a decade ago were more popular than Don broco have ever been. 

They played one of those Small shows last night in Reading and it was their like hits setlist. I have a friend oint to see the blackpool one on Saturday so we’ll see but last night they played both.

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I wouldn't call it shocking, but it is defo the worst album they put out (would have made a great EP tho).

IDK why you think all the songs sound similar. The issue for me is that they all sound pretty different. You go right from a slower sythy song into a fast paced bassy/screechy opening or whatever. Nothing holds any of the tracks together (unlike Glitterbug which were all done in a similar style etc.)

I would have agrred Wombats were nailed on but the fact they haven't been announced for any fests yet is a bit suspicious imo. Guess they could just be waiting till after their tour finishes to announce stuff but still

I don’t know, like I put it on this morning as its at the end of my playlist on the bus and i kind of like didn’t even notice stuff and i kind of zoned out until i got back to the start of my playlist as it was a different artist. Still Turn is one of my favouritrd now so i guess its just kind of like This modern glitch for me, not many good songs but i love the good ones. I’m sure it will grow on me.

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don’t know, like I put it on this morning as its at the end of my playlist on the bus and i kind of like didn’t even notice stuff and i kind of zoned out until i got back to the start of my playlist as it was a different artist. Still Turn is one of my favouritrd now so i guess its just kind of like This modern glitch for me, not many good songs but i love the good ones. I’m sure it will grow on me.

Personally, the good ones are:

- Lemon To A Knife Fight

- Turn

- White Eyes

- Out Of My Head

- Dip You In Honey

- I Don't Know Why I Like You But I Do

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Still reckon we are gonna get something like this first and then the poster like 2 months later. Fits in with everything we've heard about them not just announcing headliners etc. Plus this kinda thing used to be dropped late feb/early march anyway so it ain't a big difference in timescale

announcementprediction.png

Is this updated since the last one @Mattymooz and if so is it your prediction?

Ads by Kiosked

26 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I know but I was just saying it seems to confirm that stays constant while a lot of other things with regards to announcements have changed.

Yeah, it's still the Motorpoint Arena, think it's only like 7500 capacity though so as you say it's on the small side.

Supposedly we're getting a new one built at some point and the Motorpoint is getting taken down. The new one's meant to have 15000 but I've got no idea where or when it's happening.

58 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Yeah, it's still the Motorpoint Arena, think it's only like 7500 capacity though so as you say it's on the small side.

Supposedly we're getting a new one built at some point and the Motorpoint is getting taken down. The new one's meant to have 15000 but I've got no idea where or when it's happening.

Would be nice if they could sort out either that or the Bristol one at some point, we tend to miss out on the really big acts.