Lineup 2018

Woohah Fest in Netherlands announced some more of their lineup earlier and being a hip hop festival it’s cast doubt on a few more rappers as they’ll obviously be around early summer so probably not late. On top of the names at Wireless they’ve booked they’ve also announced: 

A$AP Rocky

Joey Bada$$

Action Bronson

Blackbear

Rich Brian (Rich Chigga)

A$AP Twelvvy 

From those I was considering Bada$$ as a 1Xtra headliner and Rocky an outside chance of a third down instead of Travis.

Just as there is no news atm I thought I might as well share this. The clashfinders that I put up with just guesses at stage headliners is currently sitting on:

Foo Fighters: 7 highlights

Paramore: 6 highlights

Royal Blood: 4 highlights

Kendrick Lamar: 2 highlights

Interesting to see Kendrick so low but Paramore so high. In saying that, if I had to guess rock fans probably use clashfinder a lot more than hip-hop/electronic/pop etc. fans

10 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Has anyone ever been to a gig at Victoria park? Getting more and more tempted to go to APE for the Saturday. Undercard strong and of course the National.

Went to see Foals at Citadel in Victoria Park last summer, long walk from the station and also long walk to Taxi's/uber's/station after and the whole crowd is funnelled out through some quite narrow gates, but apart from that was great :) Not too big so easy to get from one side to the other

• Upvote 1

On 27/01/2018 at 10:50 AM, danz026 said:

I've given up on Arctics headlining this or FIB. Final predictions from me:

Reading Friday: Royal Blood and Imagine Dragons coheadline with Nothing But Thieves third down. Catfish & The Bottlemen on the NME.

Reading Saturday: Kendrick Lamar, subbed by Travis Scott with Chvrches third down. Wolf Alice headlining the NME.

Reading Sunday: Foo fighters, subbed by Courteeners with the Hunna third down. The Vaccines headlining the NME.

Literally got AIDS reading this post. Saturday apart, this line up would make 2017's look like high art. Fuck me.

• Downvote 4

After reading the thread for a while I noticed brockhampton were appearing in mid nme slots on a lot of posters. Had a listen and I think that they would be a fantastic booking. Is there any reason why people are predicting them (tour dates and stuff). Any info would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Edited by Properbigfan
Spelt the name wrong

14 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Woohah Fest in Netherlands announced some more of their lineup earlier and being a hip hop festival it’s cast doubt on a few more rappers as they’ll obviously be around early summer so probably not late. On top of the names at Wireless they’ve booked they’ve also announced: 

A$AP Rocky

Joey Bada$$

Action Bronson

Blackbear

Rich Brian (Rich Chigga)

A$AP Twelvvy 

From those I was considering Bada$$ as a 1Xtra headliner and Rocky an outside chance of a third down instead of Travis.

Joey Bada$$ would be fucking mad, one of the best live shows i've seen to date

1 minute ago, georgehorjj said:

Joey Bada$$ would be fucking mad, one of the best live shows i've seen to date

Definitely mate, it would be mad. I regret missing him when he came to Birmingham last year so much. Last year at Reading I was right at the barrier for both Danny Brown and Flatbush Zombies and both were mental, I could see Bada$$ being the same. Really hoping for him to show up.

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Definitely mate, it would be mad. I regret missing him when he came to Birmingham last year so much. Last year at Reading I was right at the barrier for both Danny Brown and Flatbush Zombies and both were mental, I could see Bada$$ being the same. Really hoping for him to show up.

Bada$$ would be mad on the lineup but I would love to see BROCKHAMPTON too if they're at reading this year. Don't know how likely that would be though considering they've done no UK shows yet

4 minutes ago, georgehorjj said:

Bada$$ would be mad on the lineup but I would love to see BROCKHAMPTON too if they're at reading this year. Don't know how likely that would be though considering they've done no UK shows yet

A lot of people are predicting them mid-NME, including me. I absolutely love them and they seem very suited to festivals and I believe they're in Europe at the right time. I don't think they'd be a great 1Xtra headliner, but would deffo go down very well on the NME. I really hope both them and Bada$$ are there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

After reading the thread for a while I noticed brockhampton were appearing in mid nme slots on a lot of posters. Had a listen and I think that they would be a fantastic booking. Is there any reason why people are predicting them (tour dates and stuff). Any info would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Booked for Flow Fest (Helsinki, 10th - 12th Aug), Oya (Oslo, 9th - 11th Aug), Way Out West (Gothenburg, 9th - 11th Aug) and Haven (Copenhagen, 10th - 11th Aug)

Haven’t really seen any alt-J predictions, any reason why they may not play, they’re touring this summer in Europe. If they were to play would they have to co-headline or could they maybe sub or even headline NME? (Wouldn’t be a personal choice of mine but throwing another name into the hat)

5 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Haven’t really seen any alt-J predictions, any reason why they may not play, they’re touring this summer in Europe. If they were to play would they have to co-headline or could they maybe sub or even headline NME? (Wouldn’t be a personal choice of mine but throwing another name into the hat)

you answered your own question there, even with this fairly dead current album campaign they're probably still a co-headliner

Edited by Zac Quinn

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I think a lot of people aren't expecting them after the last album disappointed. I think they'd probably have to co-head at this point, but I don't think they'd be booked after the last album. Never know though, I wouldn't mind seeing them personally.

5 hours ago, Alfie Clayton said:

Anyone know if fiddler would play? Asking for a mate? And also when is Brit week? Xx

If you mean Fidlar, theres a pretty good chance of them being there and Id be buzzing with it. Hadn't heard of them until I stumbled across them playing main stage on the Sunday at Leeds 2015, pleasant surprise!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zac Quinn said:

you answered your own question there, even with this fairly dead current album campaign they're probably still a co-headliner

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

I think a lot of people aren't expecting them after the last album disappointed. I think they'd probably have to co-head at this point, but I don't think they'd be booked after the last album. Never know though, I wouldn't mind seeing them personally.

Why would alt-J be a coheadliner even if their album flopped?

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Why would alt-J be a coheadliner even if their album flopped?

Point I was trying to make. Surely if their album has flopped nobody would be booking them to headline so they’d potentially take a lower slot if offered, they did Latitude a couple of years ago so can’t see where else they’d fit in. 

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Point I was trying to make. Surely if their album has flopped nobody would be booking them to headline so they’d potentially take a lower slot if offered, they did Latitude a couple of years ago so can’t see where else they’d fit in. 

Yeah I don’t think they’re an unreasonable shout and they’re definitely still touring and in Europe a week before. Only thing is they might not be top of the pile to come back and sub again and, as you suggested, it might be more reasonable to come back in a lower slot and it’s a really small percentage of bands who come back a few years later in a lower billing.

Hmm, keeps wittling down the amount of acts for nme headliner. The only people I can think of left are:

- Wolf Alice (assuming guys info is correct)

- The Hunna (assuming they ain't on the main stage)

- The Kooks

- Kygo/Silk City.

- Macklemore? (God help us)

- Childish Gambino? (only doing governors ball but I guess could do it?)

I guess maybe J Hus but I think it'll be more likely he is mainstage given how prominent his slot at Wireless is. Shikari now ruled out, imo Vaccines ruled out cause of Community, Panic don't seem to be releasing anything this year, Post & Lil Uzi exclusive at Wireless, Friendly Fires & Everything Everything at that lincoln fest, Marshmello exclusive at SW4 + C&S seem booked up there too, no fest dates for Wombats, Streets, Cage The Elephant, or Vampire Weekend