Lineup 2018

1 hour ago, Edduk98 said:

There's meant to be a few announcements Monday/next week so is it quite likely we will get our first poster next week? They said it's not long until the announcement over 2 weeks ago now which is already a piss take. SO next week is seeming likely in my eyes. 

There's gonna be festival announcement every week, more or less, for the next few months, and the bigger festivals are more likely to wait till the end of the month. 2 weeks is nothing to the casual audience. It's only us hardcore followers that even think of this as any sort of delay. 

4 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

I had coursework to complete so to procrastinate, I made my predicted lineup instead:

5a6a14e7c0135_LEEDSPREDICTIONV2.thumb.png.2ee1354118a97e4257f8bf7579fc9b6c.png

Pretty sure Stormzy is an exclusive to Wireless so he won't be there, and if he was he'd be a sub. Doubt Lil Pump would be on main stage either but he'd probs be a slot or two higher. Imagine Dragons will coheadline or not play at all I'd imagine. Rest of main looks relatively feasible, some names I'm not so familiar with though.

Mac DeMarco would be at least NME sub, possibly even NME headliner. Apart form that the other placings all look about right - although I'd swap one of the NME headliners for a Dance/Hip Hop act. Doubt all 3 will be different sub-genre rock bands.

26 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Pretty sure Stormzy is an exclusive to Wireless so he won't be there, and if he was he'd be a sub. Doubt Lil Pump would be on main stage either but he'd probs be a slot or two higher. Imagine Dragons will coheadline or not play at all I'd imagine. Rest of main looks relatively feasible, some names I'm not so familiar with though.

Mac DeMarco would be at least NME sub, possibly even NME headliner. Apart form that the other placings all look about right - although I'd swap one of the NME headliners for a Dance/Hip Hop act. Doubt all 3 will be different sub-genre rock bands.

Oops had no idea Stormzy was exclusive to Wireless.

Lil Pump is a weird one and I didn't know where to put him tbh, I just expect him to be at the festival and had a spare slot. I also struggled with the subs tbh, there are a lot of candidates for headliners or coheadliners I could think of but not many subs off the top of my head, so just chucked ID in there.

Tbh I don't listen to a whole lot of dance, hip hop or rap so that's why there isn't much there, I fully expect there to be much more for the real lineup.

3 hours ago, LRDJ said:

I had coursework to complete so to procrastinate, I made my predicted lineup instead:

5a6a14e7c0135_LEEDSPREDICTIONV2.thumb.png.2ee1354118a97e4257f8bf7579fc9b6c.png

Think you can rule out Catfish now that they are headlining for rival promoters nearby to each of Leeds and Reading.

4 minutes ago, WFD said:

Think you can rule out Catfish now that they are headlining for rival promoters nearby to each of Leeds and Reading.

Thing is they haven't played in 3 years and are one of few rock bands who appeal to a lot of younger kids. They have a track record of playing outdoor shows at random places and festivals hence they keep being booked by other promoters but FR do like them still they booked them for community festival in 2017. A lot of ppl reckon they could headline latitude though.

Edited by R Shah

10 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Thing is they haven't played in 3 years and are one of few rock bands who appeal to a lot of younger kids. They have a track record of playing outdoor shows at random places and festivals hence they keep being booked by other promoters but FR do like them still they booked them for community festival in 2017. A lot of ppl reckon they could headline latitude though.

I reckon they could still play, the shows they have are about 2 hours away which is not really far but if you think about the demographic teens aren't going to travel 2 hours to get to their shows. I think they could be tempted by an overly high placing though, perhaps subbing on the co headline day? I can't decide if they'd be 3rd or 2nd on a normal day really so subbing the co headline if it happens is the middle ground.

Now my question is, do people think Glass Animals will be at any other festivals this year, its not looking likely due to the early dates at the moment june/july? Tramlines maybe would be the best for me if Arctics play - because convincing power - as i'm from London but nobody I know is interested in the APE day (plus its like £70 which is pretty pricey since i'm most interested in GA) Guessing they won't be at r&l as great as it would be also wondering people's thoughts on Foster the People? They only have US dates announced and they are early summer so possible they'll be over right?

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Dudey Rhinos has just said in a stream that a 'source' says RB will headline NME and AM and Kendrick are confirmed headliners. Sure. 

I thought he said last week that he knew a relative of someone in Arctic Monkeys who confirmed that they weren’t there and they will lose some fan base with their new album. Can’t make his mind up this guy